Has this ever happened to you, you bring everything to the club exept your brain?

This user has no status.
hi guys,i went to the club as usual feeling good ,did my weight training (light weights) during the morning ,rested well then headed to the club ,great warm up as well as the first set ,when all went down the drain ,my brain just wouldn't compute ,doing dumb mistakes , doubting every shot to the point of miss hitting most of my shots ,

says what [IMG]
On some days you just don't have it... If you are paranoid (I am sometimes) - how does weight training impact TT game? I could see it making your touch worse...

Quite the contrary. Where did you get the notion that weight training will negatively affect your touch? Top players must have pretty awful touch, then.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Do top players play better right after they did several sets of bench presses? Don't know - but I could see it hurting, just as I suspect it might degrade performance of concert pianist if he/she did the same.

Top player's legs look remarkably toned - arms not so much, and touch is mostly hands/arms thing. Just a thought, could be wrong.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Well PGPG,i can tell you it has strenthen my arms a lot ,my condition has improved greatly ,and i did work out in the morning and rested until 4 pm ,btw i really saw that some if not most of the chinese team were doing weight training ,as a matter of fact i did see some player (sorry i dont know the name) waving a pair of dumbbells i suppose light ones before a match ,but this last thing im not sure i would do

says what [IMG]
Do top players play better right after they did several sets of bench presses? Don't know - but I could see it hurting, just as I suspect it might degrade performance of concert pianist if he/she did the same.

Top player's legs look remarkably toned - arms not so much, and touch is mostly hands/arms thing. Just a thought, could be wrong.
You do have a point there: lifting weights before playing.

He said light weights, so I don't really think so. Depending on what he did, it could have a positive effect on relaxation. The testosterone boost from lifting weights might help athletic abilities too.

But of course, if you do a proper workout and get sore before you play, it'll probably affect your game. I didn't think about it like that.