Help choosing Dynasty Carbon or DHS Hurricane Long 5X (Ch Pen)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Consider Hurricane 301z. Dynasty Carbon has a really awkward carbon kick that comes early and makes it difficult to play with. Meanwhile Limba-Ayous outer combo is too soft for RPB if you ask me. 301z is a nice middle ground but you need to seal it due to fragile outer koto layer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
Consider Hurricane 301z. Dynasty Carbon has a really awkward carbon kick that comes early and makes it difficult to play with. Meanwhile Limba-Ayous outer combo is too soft for RPB if you ask me. 301z is a nice middle ground but you need to seal it due to fragile outer koto layer.
I agree. The outer ply from the Dynasty carbon is very prone to peel off when removing rubber. It also has a "larger" handle compared to the Long 5. It has much less vibration compared to long 5 or 301z. I also prefer 301z. For some reason, I feel that the long 5 especially the newer ones has a harder feel then the 301z. Again, depending if you want a softer feeling blade with medium speed which would be 301z or a harder feeling blade then the long 5 or blade with less vibration with a larger handle which would be the dynasty carbon. Just be very careful when removing rubber from the dynasty carbon unless you seal it.

This user has no status.
Thanks for the input, but doesn‘t dynasty carbon have a outer koto layer? I might be wrong, but I think its koto
Link to the blade composition of Dynasty Carbon : https://ttgearlab.com/2019/12/30/stiga-dynasty-carbon-lab-test/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023