Help with forehand topspin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
I have played table tennis for almost 2 years and i have learned topspin for atleast a year and my coach tells me i dont go down enough during my strokes but i feel like i go down to the ground (and like 5 more problems i try to fix) and its very uncomfortable even when legs are wide and now i am thinking of quitting table tennis i have played almost every day for past 2 years and friend who has played less and i never lose to him can make perfect topspin stroke and coach tells him he is very good with forehand topspin but i am very bad and everyday he tells me what i need to do and i give my best but my forehand topspin just gets worse and worse and im overthinking it and im very smart compared to my friend who is not even close to me in physical state but he is like 20cm taller than me. Every training we focus mainly on my forehand topspin and i get to play it much more than my friend in training because hes is already good but its so hard to make consistent stroke because he just blocks the balls everywhere so i have to move and think where other balls go but when i blocked to him every ball was to same place. What do i do now i think i just want to quit table tennis and no advice works that i have tried to search for.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
You can make sure that the way you grip the racket is ok and don't change when you transition from BH to FH. Especially the index finger moving up during the forehand stroke. This cause the bat angle to change and it's hard to have a good FH topspin.

I'm actually working on this exact problem.

This user has no status.
Hi ozneviik, you have been training topspin for more than a year in your less than 2 years experiences. Your topspin would have been very good but you just don't know how good you are. Have you ever played casual games with other players in the club other than just training? Would you please let us know your purpose of training your table tennis techniques? To be a professional player or just want to be better and enjoy table tennis?

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
I have played table tennis for almost 2 years and i have learned topspin for atleast a year and my coach tells me i dont go down enough during my strokes but i feel like i go down to the ground (and like 5 more problems i try to fix) and its very uncomfortable even when legs are wide and now i am thinking of quitting table tennis i have played almost every day for past 2 years and friend who has played less and i never lose to him can make perfect topspin stroke and coach tells him he is very good with forehand topspin but i am very bad and everyday he tells me what i need to do and i give my best but my forehand topspin just gets worse and worse and im overthinking it and im very smart compared to my friend who is not even close to me in physical state but he is like 20cm taller than me. Every training we focus mainly on my forehand topspin and i get to play it much more than my friend in training because hes is already good but its so hard to make consistent stroke because he just blocks the balls everywhere so i have to move and think where other balls go but when i blocked to him every ball was to same place. What do i do now i think i just want to quit table tennis and no advice works that i have tried to search for.
Video is very helpful to establish context. Are you a young player? Sometimes it takes a while to let the muscles memory establish / ingrained into your psyche.