Hopes for non-chinese in WTTC 2017

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hey guys just wanted your opinions as to who you think could have a chance of defeating the chinese at the world championships? Mizutani has done it once, Ovtcharov has also done it once. Really hoping to see one of them go ahead and break the china dominance at wttc17.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Hey guys just wanted your opinions as to who you think could have a chance of defeating the chinese at the world cup? Mizutani has done it once, Ovtcharov has also done it once. Really hoping to see one of them go ahead and break the china dominance at wttc17.

The only one who i still believe in is Timo except of the guys you mentioned and Kenta Matsudeira who has very good technique against chinese players and often proofed that he can beat the best maybe without ma long. I really hope that lin gaoyuan will meet ma long early in the draws so there is the chance for many european players to go to the quarters and with a good draw like Zjk not in perfect condition vs. ovtcha or Timo there will be a chance but still depending so much on the draw and Timos draw is always pretty bad like Ma or Fzd last 6 years :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
The thing is: the competition is hard for everyone. We have witness Mitzutani/ Ovtcharov/ Timo beating top Chinese players occasionally. But we have also seen that these guys is als having a great deal against Marcos Freitas, Samsonov and other top European players. So it is not only they need to face the chinese players. They first need to survive to get there.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
The thing is: the competition is hard for everyone. We have witness Mitzutani/ Ovtcharov/ Timo beating top Chinese players occasionally. But we have also seen that these guys is als having a great deal against Marcos Freitas, Samsonov and other top European players. So it is not only they need to face the chinese players. They first need to survive to get there.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Thats right of course. if simon gauzy plays timo he won 3 out of the last 4 games, but there is a chance going to zero percent for gauzy beating ma long, xx and fzd

This user has no status.
Don't underestimate the Korean Players, JUNG Yeongsik, JANG Woojin or LEE Sangsu can be dangerous,
Kenta MATSUDAIRA is improving, WONG Chuting is also a good player, there are many good European players as well, Chinese players are playing "away" in Germany, the crowd will be cheering the European players. Apart from MA Long whose technique and confidence is sky high, and perhaps FAN Zhendong, no one in the Chinese team can feel 100% safe

Reactions: Gourav Acharya
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
My cards are on mizutani jungsik and jang woojin . I dont think dima can pull it off , he still underperforms in crucial situations choking a bit but it was nice to see him fighting against FZD. The final will be ML vs FZD most likely, also it wont be a surprise if LGY gets a medal

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Read 3 reviews
I am the biggest Timo fan, but he is too slow on his legs nowadays to win against chinese players... Ovtcharov can win against anyone is perfect form, apart from Ma Long, so I hope they don't meet each other (except when it would be the final, haha).

LGY can win against anyone, but also almost lose anyone due to lack of experience.

My biggest hope goes to Mizutani, I think he can do it. And then there are players who I think can win against a chinese when everything is going well like Samsonov, Matsudaira, Wong Chun Ting and jung Young Sik

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
My cards are on mizutani jungsik and jang woojin . I dont think dima can pull it off , he still underperforms in crucial situations choking a bit but it was nice to see him fighting against FZD. The final will be ML vs FZD most likely, also it wont be a surprise if LGY gets a medal
I thought FZD and LGY got the two tickets. Will Ma long be playing too?? I thought only two players from a country can participate in the singles event. Please let me know the situation. Thanks

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I thought FZD and LGY got the two tickets. Will Ma long be playing too?? I thought only two players from a country can participate in the singles event. Please let me know the situation. Thanks

You are mistaking WTTC and Olympics. In the Olympics, only 2 players for each country can play in the singles event. In WTTC a country can have 5. The host country can have 6.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I am the biggest Timo fan, but he is too slow on his legs nowadays to win against chinese players... Ovtcharov can win against anyone is perfect form, apart from Ma Long, so I hope they don't meet each other (except when it would be the final, haha).

LGY can win against anyone, but also almost lose anyone due to lack of experience.

My biggest hope goes to Mizutani, I think he can do it. And then there are players who I think can win against a chinese when everything is going well like Samsonov, Matsudaira, Wong Chun Ting and jung Young Sik

Mizutani is not in the shape from the olympics this year right now, still plenty of time and i hope he is training hard as he doesnt appear on the line up for the AC. Timo is in good shape again if he can train hard on 100% to the wttc without getting injured there may be a last chance for a medal with a good draw, he already mentioned that this is a highlight of his career playing in his hometown and still thinks he can beat anyone.

Jung was also brilliant at the olympics against ma long but I think theres a lack of striking power compared to the chinese to get a chance over 5% but he ca still improve i think he s about 24 yo now.

Wong chun ting won XX one of the last games and is a well deserved top 10 player now. very good striking power he may get a win on a very good day.

Dima is good in being focused on the right point actually in my oppinion but don't forget he as mizutani became fathers in the last year (s), Mizutani also mentioned that this changed his view on the game and his priorities for tabletennis.

greets

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi