How can I improve my forhand and backhand consistency.

This user has no status.
Dear mentors,

Would anyone review my forehand and back hand technique, how can i improve?

My blade: timo boll alc
Rubber
forehand : rakza 9
Back hand: tenergy 05

Myself: yellow color t shirt,

my friend is opposition. Would highly grateful of you also review my friends style.

Regards
Ahammed Islam

Attachments

• VID-20231223-WA0010.mp4
    27.4 MB
  • VID-20231223-WA0011.mp4
    17.4 MB
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Ok, the biggest problem is that you are not holding the racket correctly. You hold it in a "semi-western" grip like a tennis player would.

You should be holding it in a continental grip. Look carefully at FZD or ML. Once you become accustomed to the right grip, it becomes easier to generate spin and control.

Reactions: ahammedislam
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 3 reviews
I might be wrong here, but it looks for me that you are opening your racket while performing those strokes (bottom side of the racket goes up and forward relatively to up side), while I've been taught either to keep racket angle or to close it while looping. This probably indicates that you are getting less spin and more of a flat hit here. And this gives you less stable trajectory. So I would start from playing attention to where and why your wrist goes.
On the other hand you are landing those shots quite good and you are used to them and changing this might make it worse for a while

says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
Your backswing is too long. Start at kneelevel and not behind your back.
In your second video, your "ready position" is too upright. Lower your center of gravity. Weight is on your ball of the foot not at center, which would automatically trigger a forward leaning...
For efficiency reason, I would buy a bag of 50 training balls to have as much time on the table, not waisting it collecting a single ball in the huge training hall. :)

This user has no status.
Ok, the biggest problem is that you are not holding the racket correctly. You hold it in a "semi-western" grip like a tennis player would.

You should be holding it in a continental grip. Look carefully at FZD or ML. Once you become accustomed to the right grip, it becomes easier to generate spin and control.
I might be wrong here, but it looks for me that you are opening your racket while performing those strokes (bottom side of the racket goes up and forward relatively to up side), while I've been taught either to keep racket angle or to close it while looping. This probably indicates that you are getting less spin and more of a flat hit here. And this gives you less stable trajectory. So I would start from playing attention to where and why your wrist goes.
On the other hand you are landing those shots quite good and you are used to them and changing this might make it worse for a while
Dear sir

Thanks a lot for your precious reply. Actually i used generic bat two much. Almost 5-6 years i did not even know that the bat/paddle might be so good and powerful.

And you know for generic low biginer grade paddle does not work on low angle, so i always had to adjust/open the angle of the bat to return the ball. That might be the reason of the wrist or paddle turning into open phase.

So do not understand how can i overcome this bad habit.

Thanks
Ahammed Islam

This user has no status.
Your backswing is too long. Start at kneelevel and not behind your back.
In your second video, your "ready position" is too upright. Lower your center of gravity. Weight is on your ball of the foot not at center, which would automatically trigger a forward leaning...
For efficiency reason, I would buy a bag of 50 training balls to have as much time on the table, not waisting it collecting a single ball in the huge training hall. :)
Thanks a lot sir,

Will try to improve as per your suggestion. And will share video of my improvement.

Thanks
Ahammed