How do you deal/adjust to very humid conditions?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
How is it a dual standard when I unknowingly did something in a serve that was illegal, but as soon as I was told took steps to correct it, and also said I would except it if I lost a point for doing and not do it anymore!

How is that the same thing as someone shielding the ball on serve with their arm after being told for twenty years it is illegal to do so, by ten different people. And then being nasty and aggressive if someone does mention it at a match.

The two things are not the same at all apart from the fact both serves are illegal.

It is arrogant beyond belief when players say things like it is not illegal until the umpire calls it. It is disgusting when experienced adult players serve illegally deliberately against an improving junior, because they cant take losing to them.

The dual standard was saying that your illegal serves didn't give you any advantage and so they should not be judged the same way other illegal serves should be judged. But you cannot tell the extent to which an opponent is hindered by your serves. The person receiving would have to be the judge of that. And the standard is whether the serve is within the rules, not whether you think you gain an advantage.

But, if you have fixed the issues that caused a fair percentage of your serves to be against the rules, than that is a good start. Are you presenting the ball with your hand open now? Is there a point before you toss where your hand is completely still for a moment before you toss?

All of the things that were not quite by the book in your serves should be easily fixed. So, it will be nice to see the footage.