How durable is Tibhar Hybrid MK?

This user has no status.
changed to a new set of MK / K3 this week after 3months (around 100 hours of play ? ). i was thinking the rubbers still felt ok, but when i have the new ones, i realize how much I forgot who it is when its new. much tackier, much more feeling, just amazing...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
changed to a new set of MK / K3 this week after 3months (around 100 hours of play ? ). i was thinking the rubbers still felt ok, but when i have the new ones, i realize how much I forgot who it is when its new. much tackier, much more feeling, just amazing...
Something must be wrong with my technique with MK and K3, the rubber just feels like it doesn't take my power. Golden Tango does almost the same thing but with much more spin for my technique.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Something must be wrong with my technique with MK and K3, the rubber just feels like it doesn't take my power. Golden Tango does almost the same thing but with much more spin for my technique.
I think you and GT have a special relationship. I feel like it requires a lot of force to get it to sing, in my hands the speed I can get is acceptable but the hard sponge seems to make spin more difficult to access for my level of impact.

This user has no status.
This is also my experience with GTPS and K3.
The Tango needs full stroke all the time, the K3 is much easier to activate though in the beginning this causes some errors with balls going too long.

After 4 weeks with the k3 i will give the GTPS another try. I have one on the racket and 2 brand new in spare...maybe i will sell them and get half a k3 ^^

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
This is also my experience with GTPS and K3.
The Tango needs full stroke all the time, the K3 is much easier to activate though in the beginning this causes some errors with balls going too long.

After 4 weeks with the k3 i will give the GTPS another try. I have one on the racket and 2 brand new in spare...maybe i will sell them and get half a k3 ^^
Not a fan of PS, it isnt as linear as I would like. The original Golden Tango is just more WYSIWYG.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think you and GT have a special relationship. I feel like it requires a lot of force to get it to sing, in my hands the speed I can get is acceptable but the hard sponge seems to make spin more difficult to access for my level of impact.
I would blame your blades, but I might be giving you too little credit. You need a fast carbon looping blade something between a Viscaria and a Mizutani SZLC I think. But the spin is mostly in the topsheet to be honest, I probably brush too much lol. But I can't see why someone would like D09c and not like Golden Tango.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Did you try PK50 from Nittaku ? Some people say it is the same as Golden Tango ? Is GT 50 degree hardness too ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I don't think there is anything wrong with your techniques. I have tried my friends' D09c, Dragon Grip and Golden Tango on their blades. It seems that I lose my feeling when I use their set-up. I did not dare to play with their set up for too long, for fear of muscle memory setting in.

I think everyone of us plays ping pong a bit differently. And the blade definitely matters. That is why I have like six Tibhar Stratus Power Wood and six Gambler Blackout carbon while I am EJ'ing. I really cannot make any conclusion about any rubber once the blade is switched out.

I am happy with my current blade. It took me a while to find the right blade with the right rubber. I am afraid to venture too far out and mess up my muscle memory.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I've been playing with Tibhar Hybrid MK on my BH for 2.5 months now, averaging three practice sessions per week, cleaning the rubber with plain tap water after playing and storing it covered by a tacky protective sheet.

See attached photos for comparison of a brand new topsheet vs the 2.5 months old one. In terms of "looks", it's no different to any other ESN rubber. It is still fairly grippy, but the sponge does feel a bit deader than a brand new one.

Attachments

• 2.5_months_old_and_brand_new_rubbers1.jpg
    2.5_months_old_and_brand_new_rubbers1.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 139
  • 2.5_months_old_and_brand_new_rubbers2.jpg
    2.5_months_old_and_brand_new_rubbers2.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 147
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I've been playing with Tibhar Hybrid MK on my BH for 2.5 months now, averaging three practice sessions per week, cleaning the rubber with plain tap water after playing and storing it covered by a tacky protective sheet.

See attached photos for comparison of a brand new topsheet vs the 2.5 months old one. In terms of "looks", it's no different to any other ESN rubber. It is still fairly grippy, but the sponge does feel a bit deader than a brand new one.
3.5 months later (2-3 practice sessions/league matches per week) the sponge of that new Hybrid MK sheet feels much softer than originally and slower. My practice partner moaned to me yesterday "your loops used to be fast" :) The topsheet is still fairly grippy. OTOH, blocking with the rubber now is better than ever, very controllable.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33