How many time can you boost Chinese rubber before they wear out?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi guys, so I'm relatively new to using booster for Chinese rubbers. I use Haifu Seamoon (commercial ver.) to boost my Sanwei Target Pro Blue and Pro 3 but I'm not sure how many time can I reboost before the sponge become mushy and unplayable. The boosting effect of Seamoon last about 2 weeks and since I regularly train and play matches 2 hours/day, I'm expecting 3 months of usage and 4-5 time boosting. Do you think this is reasonable?
I'm hoping to hear about your experience with rubbers boosting? Thank you in advance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I've just boosted my Target Pro Blue for the 3rd time, this time I apply a thin coat for safety measure
They say that after 3rd time boosting, the sponge gets less elastic, mushy and permenantly softer
so far it feels a tad bit softer than before boosting, from 40 down to 39-39.5 or sth
I've only seen boosting for a second time, so the first would be a full boost, and then the second would be after a few months to expand the life of the rubber a bit more
thanks, maybe I will try this route, can't waste too much money on booster lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
They say that after 3rd time boosting, the sponge gets less elastic, mushy and permenantly softer. But I haven't boosted any rubber more than 2 times.
I think it's probably exaggerated. But especially if you're already using had rubbers, I don't think you really need to worry about it.

This user has no status.
They say that after 3rd time boosting, the sponge gets less elastic, mushy and permenantly softer. But I haven't boosted any rubber more than 2 times.
I dont know how this plays out with haifu but with ftl i wont get a decent result after the second boost.

So usually i can use the first boost for around 2-3 months after the effects wear off to a certain extent, then i usually reboost with just one more layer.

I tried using boosting again once after 6 months using, and the third boost (just one more layer) made the rubber mushy. It didnt have good feel anymore got somewhat springy somewhat dead. Really weird feeling.

I never read about anyone boosting for a longer duration, keeping in mind that yoh have to boost way more often with every other booster than ftl.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hi guys, so I'm relatively new to using booster for Chinese rubbers. I use Haifu Seamoon (commercial ver.) to boost my Sanwei Target Pro Blue and Pro 3 but I'm not sure how many time can I reboost before the sponge become mushy and unplayable. The boosting effect of Seamoon last about 2 weeks and since I regularly train and play matches 2 hours/day, I'm expecting 3 months of usage and 4-5 time boosting. Do you think this is reasonable?
I'm hoping to hear about your experience with rubbers boosting? Thank you in advance

I used to boost with 3 layers, then 2 layers, and now 1 layer ;-) The thing is, if you use more layers, the change in behavior appears to come sooner. As you mentioned, for you it works for 2 weeks, which is pretty short time. Second problem was that if I boosted with more layers, the rubber is more stretched - which also manifests so, that when I put it on for the 2nd time, I had to cut some overlap. Then, without exception, I always got a bubble on the same spot where I hit topspin. I think only once the rubber got to 3rd boosting, without bubble, speaking about H3 prov. BS H41. So the more stretched, the more prone to bubbles. Also, as it is more stretched, it changes more, feels a bit different for the 2nd time, after re-glue. And also, I simply don't want to re-glue every 2 weeks, or even 1 month. And so I now boost with 1 layer. It hold approx. 2 months for me. For example now I boosted the Rxton 9 right before the season (end of September), and now I feel it is not right anymore. Freshly boosted with 1 layer, Rxton9 feels and sounds beautiful. Actually the 2nd month is slightly worse, but 3rd month is really not so good. It needs boosting, but I'm gonna use a new sheet for the 2nd half, and kill this sheet later.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I dont know how this plays out with haifu but with ftl i wont get a decent result after the second boost.

So usually i can use the first boost for around 2-3 months after the effects wear off to a certain extent, then i usually reboost with just one more layer.

I tried using boosting again once after 6 months using, and the third boost (just one more layer) made the rubber mushy. It didnt have good feel anymore got somewhat springy somewhat dead. Really weird feeling.

I never read about anyone boosting for a longer duration, keeping in mind that yoh have to boost way more often with every other booster than ftl.
Same, if I want to reboost, I do it with baby oil from the start, it doesn't do much, but only gives some feeling and can boost it a few times. But normal booster is a single or two time use only