How to do spinny serves with H3 Neo?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I recently switched to H3 Neo on FH for the first time, and its going quite well overall. The only thing that bothers me are my serves. When I used fastarc g1 my serves were quite dangerous. Now they are so harmless and spin is incredibly low.

This must be a technique error on my side, so to the more experienced users here: How do you perform spinny serves with chinese rubbers? Is a different technique needed compared to ESN rubbers? Maybe I need more brush?

Thank you!

This user has no status.
I experienced this as well the first time I tried to use Hurricane.

If the contact is too thick the sticky surface will hold onto the ball too long and it wont generate any spin. So you will need to accelerate more and get a thinner contact.

You might need some dedicated serve practice to get this down. So hopefully this helps you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I experienced this as well the first time I tried to use Hurricane.

If the contact is too thick the sticky surface will hold onto the ball too long and it wont generate any spin. So you will need to accelerate more and get a thinner contact.

You might need some dedicated serve practice to get this down. So hopefully this helps you.
yes, this is great feedback. I will practise it tomorrow! cheers

Reactions: Fedex78 and Amayzde

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Strange I did the opposite, meaning I used H3 for 6 months on my FH and now I'm trying G1 and I miss H3 for the FH serves (Pendulum and Tomahawk); G1 is ok but brushing the ball with H3 would generate more spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Strange I did the opposite, meaning I used H3 for 6 months on my FH and now I'm trying G1 and I miss H3 for the FH serves (Pendulum and Tomahawk); G1 is ok but brushing the ball with H3 would generate more spin.
for sure h3 gets more spin, its probably that my serving technique is bad and g1 still gives me decent spin with unoptimized technique while h3 gives very little.

I will need to work on my acceleration and brushing

Reactions: IB66
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
for sure h3 gets more spin, its probably that my serving technique is bad and g1 still gives me decent spin with unoptimized technique while h3 gives very little.

I will need to work on my acceleration and brushing
brushing combined with more speed at contact, not only to get spin, but also because you need to compensate for the reduced catapult effect that is there with tensor rubbers and the tacky top sheet which is a major factor in reducing bounce.
I found that I could be more positive, and really increase bat speed without having to worry about the catapult of tensors kicking in and balls going long, when you want a half long or short serve. When using a tensor I had to be careful and needed better touch.