How would I pair rubbers Setup with Xiom Stradivarius Blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and new to table tennis. I'm looking for a setup but wasn't sure where to start. I never own a blade before but at my club I like and fell comfortable with Xiom Stradivarius but I wasn't sure what rubbers I should go with.

In the US, I am rated 1600 and I can loop and smash on my back hand here and there but not consistent. My forehand, I can smash and loop too and it is more consistent than my back hand. I am looking for advise on the rubbers, please share your experience and what do you think I should try.

Thanks in advance.

Kong

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I mean there are hundreds of rubbers out there, do you want more consistent and stable rubbers? do you want more offensive and powerful rubbers? do you want more tacky rubbers? Do you want the best cost-performance rubbers?
Thanks, I don't I want tacky rubbers. I tested tacky and I don't think it suites me well. Consistent, stable, and powerful, isn't how I play or the rubbers can do that? I don't want to with expensive rubbers either.

Thanks for the advise.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Thanks, I don't I want tacky rubbers. I tested tacky and I don't think it suites me well. Consistent, stable, and powerful, isn't how I play or the rubbers can do that? I don't want to with expensive rubbers either.

Thanks for the advise.
It sounds like Xiom Vega on both sides would be fine for you. Good rubber and not too expensive.

If you want an even better cost-performance, both sides Yinhe Moon Speed would be very good. Very inexpensive rubber that has good feeling and can perform anything you need.

Reactions: kongwu
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Thanks, what's the differences between the thickness? Is it the thinner the less bouncier? Thinner is for more defenses? Thank you.

Thicker is for higher level players
Thinner sponge is for more beginners.
if you are new, 2.0mm options should be easy to find. Don't go Max
1.8mm should be difficult to find

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Just a question about that rating, if you're new to table tennis, and you've never owned a blade before, how did you get that 1600 rating?
play in basement and borrow friends blade to play at tournament and was rate 1600 on first try.. might be lucky I guest.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
It sounds like Xiom Vega on both sides would be fine for you. Good rubber and not too expensive.

If you want an even better cost-performance, both sides Yinhe Moon Speed would be very good. Very inexpensive rubber that has good feeling and can perform anything you need.
Where should I find Yinhe Moon?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
play in basement and borrow friends blade to play at tournament and was rate 1600 on first try.. might be lucky I guest.
Did you win any matches against ~1600 rated players? In the US ratings system you can enter a U2300 tournament, lose all your matches and get rated 2100 because your lowest loss was to a 2100+ player. In that case, if you won a match instead of losing all your matches, but it's against a 1100 rated player, your rating would actually drop to 1600.

Anybow, the reason I ask is because having a good gauge of your level helps with rubber recommendations. That blade is very similar to the TB ALC, it typically pairs well with T05. If it's not too bouncy for you then that could be a good choice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Ehh… what rating system is that? Not saying it’s impossible, but a new player actually plays at 1600 level is very unlikely. Since you said your loops are not consistent, I’m not sure how true that 1600 is. Also like @dingyibvs said, it’s important to know your true level in order to recommend stuff.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Ehh… what rating system is that? Not saying it’s impossible, but a new player actually plays at 1600 level is very unlikely. Since you said your loops are not consistent, I’m not sure how true that 1600 is. Also like @dingyibvs said, it’s important to know your true level in order to recommend stuff.
I've been playing in basement for a while and just found out about a club near by from a friend and I visited the club for a couple times trying friend's blade (Xiom Stradivarius)
. I registered for unrated, u1800 and u1600 and end up won the u1600 bracket and lost to 2 u1800 and I don't know how I got rated but when I had my friend checked and he showed me and I was in like around 1600. Sorry, I don't know much about table tennis rules and how rated work. I'm new to the game and still learning.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Where should I find Yinhe Moon?

Or

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023

Or

Thank you, aliexpress has both soft and medium but takes too long regarding their shipping info. I guest tabletennisonly only available in thickness and soft according to their site, correct? or was I understand it incorrectly.

Thanks,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Thank you, aliexpress has both soft and medium but takes too long regarding their shipping info. I guest tabletennisonly only available in thickness and soft according to their site, correct? or was I understand it incorrectly.

Thanks,
ah yes, looks like they are sold out of medium hardness. Aliexpress takes 2 to 3 weeks, so if you don't mind waiting, I highly recommend it.

Otherwise pay a little more and get Xiom.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Thanks, going to try the Yen
ah yes, looks like they are sold out of medium hardness. Aliexpress takes 2 to 3 weeks, so if you don't mind waiting, I highly recommend it.

Otherwise pay a little more and get Xiom.
Thanks, I'm going to try the cheaper from Aliexpress..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I've been playing in basement for a while and just found out about a club near by from a friend and I visited the club for a couple times trying friend's blade (Xiom Stradivarius)
. I registered for unrated, u1800 and u1600 and end up won the u1600 bracket and lost to 2 u1800 and I don't know how I got rated but when I had my friend checked and he showed me and I was in like around 1600. Sorry, I don't know much about table tennis rules and how rated work. I'm new to the game and still learning.
In that case, that’s really impressive. As for equipment, why not start with something that’s tried and true, like Nittaku G-1, Tibhar Evolution MX-P, Andro Rasanter R53/R48 that kind of stuff? Also I wouldn’t recommend aliexpress since you are new to these things, might end up with something counterfeit. Try tabletennis11.com, they ship worldwide (free for orders over 100 euros), and have great discounts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
In that case, that’s really impressive. As for equipment, why not start with something that’s tried and true, like Nittaku G-1, Tibhar Evolution MX-P, Andro Rasanter R53/R48 that kind of stuff? Also I wouldn’t recommend aliexpress since you are new to these things, might end up with something counterfeit. Try tabletennis11.com, they ship worldwide (free for orders over 100 euros), and have great discounts.
Thanks for the recommendation. I will check it out.