Indestructible Ball using 3D Printer

This user has no status.
But what about the spin?

Pimples out rubbers should not have problems spinning that ball!

I can see it now, new FleXtreme blade technology by Stiga, Tenergy Ultra PO (pimples out!) rubbers by butterfly, rainbow coloured version of the ball for the Chinese Super League... it's perfect!! (eyes turning into dollar signs and laughing maniacally)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Pimples out rubbers should not have problems spinning that ball!

I can see it now, new FleXtreme blade technology by Stiga, Tenergy Ultra PO (pimples out!) rubbers by butterfly, rainbow coloured version of the ball for the Chinese Super League... it's perfect!! (eyes turning into dollar signs and laughing maniacally)

Tenergy ultra PO. first time im hearing about it.can you give me more detail please.

This user has no status.
I see no reason why a 3D printer cannot produce a good quality TT ball in the near future. Ive often found it strange there are apparently so few factories able to make 3* quality balls? i wonder if it is just a financial decision?Perhaps there is not enough profit in such a venture.However with the price of the new Butterfly R40 ball then maybe others will start charging similar prices?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
While it is certainly possible for a 3D printer to produce a good quality TT (table tennis) ball in the future, it's worth noting that the current manufacturing process for high-quality TT balls involves a combination of high-tech machinery and skilled labor.

TT balls have very specific requirements in terms of size, weight, bounce, and spin, and they must meet strict quality standards in order to be used in official competitions. Producing such high-quality balls requires a significant investment in specialized machinery and skilled labor, which is likely why there are relatively few factories that are able to produce 3* quality balls.

It's possible that the cost of producing high-quality TT balls is a factor in why they are relatively expensive, but it's also worth noting that there is likely a limited market for such balls. Table tennis is a popular sport, but it's not as widely played as other sports such as soccer or basketball, which means that the demand for high-quality TT balls may be more limited.

That being said, as technology continues to advance and 3D printing becomes more sophisticated, As you can read this information that it's possible that 3D printers could play a role in the production of high-quality TT balls in the future. However, it's likely that there will still be a need for skilled labor and specialized machinery to ensure that the balls meet the strict quality standards required for official competition.