Innerforce alc or soft carbon recommendations?

says Kristian Karlsson is the goat
Dec 2022
Hey I have wanted to try out a soft carbon or an inner carbon blade for a very long time, I have tried the timo boll spirit with Stiga dna platinum in both sides that my coach uses, it was nice but too fast for me, I currently use the nittaku Ma long seven blade which is a 7 ply wood blade and is very nice. All though I have never had a full practice with a innerforce or soft carbon blade and would like to try one, any recommendatios lmk :D

I have some in mind like rossi emotion, 729 yellow alc, and ma lin soft carbon, but I'm not too sure.

Last edited:
says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
it depend on a budget, your level and expectations. If cheap one but good its Yasaka Ma Lin soft carbon, if more pricy BTY innerforce zlc or alc. Other innerforce type from BTY but with players names on it are good too. So pick up what's more up to you. Someone liked DHS Hurricane Long 5, which i enjoyed the least from all of those

Dec 2022
it depend on a budget, your level and expectations. If cheap one but good its Yasaka Ma Lin soft carbon, if more pricy BTY innerforce zlc or alc. Other innerforce type from BTY but with players names on it are good too. So pick up what's more up to you. Someone liked DHS Hurricane Long 5, which i enjoyed the least from all of those
I wouldn't say my level is too bad for a inner or soft carbon blade and I am saving money for it ofc, my budget atm is 160€, I am only 15 years old but I am saving money.

Dec 2022
its a good budget actually - you can get a new one Ma Lin soft carbon with two sheets of new esn rubbers, or even BTY but without rubbers. There is always an option to buy gently used BTY as well
It is super rare to find gently used bty product here in sweden, shoot even any somewhat good but used table tennis product is really hard to find, what sort of ESN rubbers would you recommend, I was gonna buy the glayzer series as soon as they get released so idk.

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
I thing glayzers series is interesting, and will buy some just to try out. On a budget that you mentioned you can take Yasaka Rakza Z (or one of modern hybrids) forehand, and something more softer and bouncier on backhand like Rakza X, Hammond Z2, Donic Acuda etc... there is a lot of options

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hey I have wanted to try out a soft carbon or an inner carbon blade for a very long time, I have tried the timo boll spirit with Stiga dna platinum in both sides that my coach uses, it was nice but too fast for me, I currently use the nittaku Ma long seven blade which is a 7 ply wood blade and is very nice. All though I have never had a full practice with a innerforce or soft carbon blade and would like to try one, any recommendatios lmk :D

I have some in mind like rossi emotion, 729 yellow alc, and ma lin soft carbon, but I'm not too sure.
If you're 15years old and you like your blade, just stay with it for another two years. Then you will know for sure what to chose next..

Reactions: Fnub and mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
I've always liked Malong 7 ply blade, it is a really good blade. People keep changing equipments and still want to get better while being lazy on practicing. I'd suggest you stay with your blade and work on stamina, technique, footwork and strengthen your mental game more.
so you won't have to start a "why do i feel scared when playing a match" thread...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Yep. Don't throw away your money on expensive Butterfly products. As you're still in the beginning of playing table tennis, it's a lot of practice that you need. The equipment you have now is quite advanced, and a little bit bouncy. It's like @superbackhand writes. You have to work with your current equipment a long time to get good results. And if you want to change something, don't do big changes at one time. Then you'll have to start all over with your technique again.

Dec 2022
I've always liked Malong 7 ply blade, it is a really good blade. People keep changing equipments and still want to get better while being lazy on practicing. I'd suggest you stay with your blade and work on stamina, technique, footwork and strengthen your mental game more.
so you won't have to start a "why do i feel scared when playing a match" thread...
hahaha I understand what you mean, I just wanted to try out something different

Dec 2022
Yep. Don't throw away your money on expensive Butterfly products. As you're still in the beginning of playing table tennis, it's a lot of practice that you need. The equipment you have now is quite advanced, and a little bit bouncy. It's like @superbackhand writes. You have to work with your current equipment a long time to get good results. And if you want to change something, don't do big changes at one time. Then you'll have to start all over with your technique again.
I won't either as I said I just wanted suggestions and I also wanted to see what people give for recommendations

Reactions: mocker88