Is it possible to put Hurricane on Super ZLC Blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Just bought a FZD Super ZLC to try out for fun. Was wondering if a Hurricane 3 national 40 deg(possibly neo?) would go well with the blade? I am planning to boost with a few layers of haifu nat yellow.
I don't see why not. I have put H3 neo commercial, orange sponge, boosted (with Falco Tempo Long Booster), on my forehand side on 5-ply wood, 7-ply wood and various carbons (including Viscaria). It works just fine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
are you using the new sanwei national?
Yes just switched to Sanwei Target National maybe 2-3 weeks ago? But if I pick up a paddle with H3 neo on the forehand, boosted, I can pretty much play with it no problem. I am now installing three black H3 neo on three different wood blades later this week (Nittaku, Neottec, and Donic). I ripped those three H3 neo's from some other fast carbon blades that I am pretty sure do not work for me. I boosted those old neo's again and am going to put two layers of glue before installing.

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yes just switched to Sanwei Target National maybe 2-3 weeks ago? But if I pick up a paddle with H3 neo on the forehand, boosted, I can pretty much play with it no problem. I am now installing three black H3 neo on three different wood blades later this week (Nittaku, Neottec, and Donic). I ripped those three H3 neo's from some other fast carbon blades that I am pretty sure do not work for me. I boosted those old neo's again and am going to put two layers of glue before installing.
Would you say the new sanwei target shares the same characteristic of a boosted h3n? I have a semi- boosted h3n national 2.1/40. i said semi bc I ran out of booster on 2nd layer, a new haifu nat yellow is coming soon and also a new sanwei target

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Would you say the new sanwei target shares the same characteristic of a boosted h3n? I have a semi- boosted h3n national 2.1/40. i said semi bc I ran out of booster on 2nd layer, a new haifu nat yellow is coming soon and also a new sanwei target
Yes I feel that after playing with two sheets of STN (unboosted) and 18-20 sheets of H3 neo 39 degree (all boosted) that the STN with blue sponge does not need to be boosted. It comes right out of the package and within 10 minutes I can play with it very well. For H3 neo, I always boost it with 2 or 3 layers (depending on my mood) and let it dry for 24 hours in between each layer of boosting. Once I install H3 neo, takes about 3-5 practice session (1.5 hour to 2 hour each session) to mechnically break the H3 neo in (even though of course we already broke it in somewhat with the booster, i.e. chemical break-in).

I have one more sheet of STN in my possession. I want to boost it before I use it, just to compared. But no interest in doing that now. I have plenty of other blades that I want to install my old H3 neo's just to see how those blade feels like.

Also I heard from another thread that normally you want black chinese rubber instead of red (like friendship 729, DHS, etc.) because black is more spinny and the red is less spinny (and harder too). However, the thread said that STN is the opposite. The black is less spinny and more firm. The red is tackier and stickier. Therefore the black actually becomes very very good hybrid rubber as a result.

can i attest to that? No, not right now. I have no idea. I have one STN black installed on my Tibhar Stratgus Power Wood and one STN red installed on my Nittaku Acoustic carbon which is a VERY fast carbon so I have no idea. I cannot compare those two sheets of rubber because the underlying blades are so different.

I can say for sure is that I have tried K1 and K2 from Tibhar brand. Both are "hybrid" rubbers. Definitely STN plays more similar to boosted H3 neo (traditional chinese rubber) than K1 and K2. Now I actually like that! I want a chinese rubber that comes out of the package, not needing to boost and plays similar to H3 neo boosted..I don't need another hybrid rubber to play (there are so many on the market and they are so expensive: K3, Rakza Z, Stiga Dragon Grip, Joola Tango, XIOM vega china, etc. etc.). I have no time and no interest (and no money) to test them.

In conclusion, I am happy with STN. I am replacing my H3 neo with STN black. I am pretty satisfied that I know of all these hybrid rubbers out there but have no interest trying them now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yes I feel that after playing with two sheets of STN (unboosted) and 18-20 sheets of H3 neo 39 degree (all boosted) that the STN with blue sponge does not need to be boosted. It comes right out of the package and within 10 minutes I can play with it very well. For H3 neo, I always boost it with 2 or 3 layers (depending on my mood) and let it dry for 24 hours in between each layer of boosting. Once I install H3 neo, takes about 3-5 practice session (1.5 hour to 2 hour each session) to mechnically break the H3 neo in (even though of course we already broke it in somewhat with the booster, i.e. chemical break-in).

I have one more sheet of STN in my possession. I want to boost it before I use it, just to compared. But no interest in doing that now. I have plenty of other blades that I want to install my old H3 neo's just to see how those blade feels like.

Also I heard from another thread that normally you want black chinese rubber instead of red (like friendship 729, DHS, etc.) because black is more spinny and the red is less spinny (and harder too). However, the thread said that STN is the opposite. The black is less spinny and more firm. The red is tackier and stickier. Therefore the black actually becomes very very good hybrid rubber as a result.

can i attest to that? No, not right now. I have no idea. I have one STN black installed on my Tibhar Stratgus Power Wood and one STN red installed on my Nittaku Acoustic carbon which is a VERY fast carbon so I have no idea. I cannot compare those two sheets of rubber because the underlying blades are so different.

I can say for sure is that I have tried K1 and K2 from Tibhar brand. Both are "hybrid" rubbers. Definitely STN plays more similar to boosted H3 neo (traditional chinese rubber) than K1 and K2. Now I actually like that! I want a chinese rubber that comes out of the package, not needing to boost and plays similar to H3 neo boosted..I don't need another hybrid rubber to play (there are so many on the market and they are so expensive: K3, Rakza Z, Stiga Dragon Grip, Joola Tango, XIOM vega china, etc. etc.). I have no time and no interest (and no money) to test them.

In conclusion, I am happy with STN. I am replacing my H3 neo with STN black. I am pretty satisfied that I know of all these hybrid rubbers out there but have no interest trying them now.
Wow I have done various research looking for a hybrid, K3 rakza z all the ome you mentioned. I guess buying STN is a perfect choice to skip all the boosting process. I don’t know when will my order comes because I got it from china but I will let you know when I get the chance to play with it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Wow I have done various research looking for a hybrid, K3 rakza z all the ome you mentioned. I guess buying STN is a perfect choice to skip all the boosting process. I don’t know when will my order comes because I got it from china but I will let you know when I get the chance to play with it
Yes, STN is like trying a Chinese rubber with some euro/jap rubber quality attached to it. Very good control.

One of my club mates asked me to hit with his Joola Tango because he knows I use H3 neo and I have been trying out K1 and K2. I did NOT like Joola Tango at all. Slow and not sticky enough. I might as well use H3 neo, unboosted. Sorry, it did not feel good.

I think all of us, the EJ's, need to set boundary at some point. For me, I love my H3 neo because when buying it in bulk, I can get them right around $20 a piece. I like my cheap wood blades. So I am in the process of transfering the old H3 neo onto some of these 5-ply wood blades and actually know how they feel.

So no interest in buying all the hybrid rubbers on the market. I like my STN. I like my H3 neo. Set.

Backhand, I tried Yasaka and Revolutions series with Tenergy fx. I like my G-1. Set.

I love my Tibhar Stratus Power Wood, 5-ply. Somewhat set. I am testing out some other wood blades (such as Persson PowerPalay, etc.). That's my next project. After that I think I will kick my EJ habits.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I don't see why not. I have put H3 neo commercial, orange sponge, boosted (with Falco Tempo Long Booster), on my forehand side on 5-ply wood, 7-ply wood and various carbons (including Viscaria). It works just fine.
thanks for the reply, I am thinking of copying Chinese players into using hurricane nat on the fh and a butterfly tensor on the backhand. I have been looking through the dignics series and I have shortlisted d09c and d05, which one should I use for bh?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
thanks for the reply, I am thinking of copying Chinese players into using hurricane nat on the fh and a butterfly tensor on the backhand. I have been looking through the dignics series and I have shortlisted d09c and d05, which one should I use for bh?
I don't know. What level of player are you?

Watch TableTennis11 on Youtube and type in Hurricane. They literally just reviewed the commerical, provincial and national. Half of them were being honest: no difference among them whatsoever. Half of them said they like the blue sponge provincial the best. I kind of trust them. I mean National is $99 a sheet o their website. Commercial is $27 a sheet o their website. Their margin on the national version gotta be like $40 or more a piece. their margin on a $27 a sheet rubber, at most maybe $15? So half of the reviewers basically say, buy commercial. I respect that. They are not all about money.

So I would go with commercial H3 neo to start off with.

I think the national team of china really really does have a supply of National H3 that come from DHS directly. The national sheets available for sales to the public are not the "real deal" if you know what I mean.

I think people use D09c on the forehand and D05 on the backhand. That's just my guess. Some people have actually kept T05 or upgraded to T05 hard on the backhand side.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I don't know. What level of player are you?

Watch TableTennis11 on Youtube and type in Hurricane. They literally just reviewed the commerical, provincial and national. Half of them were being honest: no difference among them whatsoever. Half of them said they like the blue sponge provincial the best. I kind of trust them. I mean National is $99 a sheet o their website. Commercial is $27 a sheet o their website. Their margin on the national version gotta be like $40 or more a piece. their margin on a $27 a sheet rubber, at most maybe $15? So half of the reviewers basically say, buy commercial. I respect that. They are not all about money.

So I would go with commercial H3 neo to start off with.

I think the national team of china really really does have a supply of National H3 that come from DHS directly. The national sheets available for sales to the public are not the "real deal" if you know what I mean.

I think people use D09c on the forehand and D05 on the backhand. That's just my guess. Some people have actually kept T05 or upgraded to T05 hard on the backhand side.
I have just searched up the USATT ranking scheme and what it means, I am about 2100 level, but with a HK/Chinese style. I have been using d09c on the fh for over a year now, but I used to use h3 prov/nat bs when I was younger, I think I prefer the h3 feel over the dignics on the fh. However, I have been using d05 on bh the bh for maybe 4-5 months, and to feels grippy, but a little too springy for the shortgame, do you think the slightly tacky topsheet of the 09c would help in the bh shortgame?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I have just searched up the USATT ranking scheme and what it means, I am about 2100 level, but with a HK/Chinese style. I have been using d09c on the fh for over a year now, but I used to use h3 prov/nat bs when I was younger, I think I prefer the h3 feel over the dignics on the fh. However, I have been using d05 on bh the bh for maybe 4-5 months, and to feels grippy, but a little too springy for the shortgame, do you think the slightly tacky topsheet of the 09c would help in the bh shortgame?
My son used to play with Dignics 05 1.9mm BH on a Palio CAT, but we searched for an alternative because it was too springy in the short game, and the price was too high as well. We have settled with Joola Dynaryz AGR 2.0mm for now. And as he feels sometimes that it lacks in power compared to D05, but that's when he doesn't do the job good enough. He has a really good backhand technique, top spinning hard all the time. The backhand serve and short game is much better now.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Many paths lead up to Fuji-san ( Mt. Fuji ).

One must not be overly attached with just one path ( insist on H3 National ).
There are the Nittaku H3 Turbo Blue / Orange path. Who in my opinion are just as good as National DHS variant.
There are the Friendship Battle 2 Provincial path. They are just as good for us amateur player.

Now, you will ask, why is a ESN fanboi talking about tacky chinese rubber?
Well. before I met my salvation, during those dark ages, I too was engaging in masochistic practice of looping with hard tacky rubber once upon a time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
My son used to play with Dignics 05 1.9mm BH on a Palio CAT, but we searched for an alternative because it was too springy in the short game, and the price was too high as well. We have settled with Joola Dynaryz AGR 2.0mm for now. And as he feels sometimes that it lacks in power compared to D05, but that's when he doesn't do the job good enough. He has a really good backhand technique, top spinning hard all the time. The backhand serve and short game is much better now.
got it, but what is the difference between joola dynarz agr and zgr, acc, cmd?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Ok, here are a few things:

1) Don't search for USATT ratings. Please go ahead and go on YouTube and follow "pong4life." I don't know who pong4life is and I don't really care. I just know he/she/they uploads hundreds if not thousands of video of players from ICC (I think it is Indian Community Center) in the San Francisco area. In the US, a lot of the good table tennis clubs are not full time. They share the facility with other organizations. ICC happens to be a very good club that many young and adults players play at. The channel basically shows players rated from 1500 all the way up to 2800 on the USATT ratings. You can watch a couple videos and you should know what your ratings is roughly in the US.

2) I would go with H3 neo commercial and boost it with Haifu National Yellow.

3) Backhand, I would go with G-1. Very good touch. Very grippy. Good short game. Long lasting rubber. Tensor for sure but not as bouncy as others. I love it. It is the #1 seller for Tabletennis11. Mima Ito uses it. Very very popular rubber in Japan. It is the hardest of the Fastarc series (G-1, P-1, C-1 and S-1, in order from the hardest to the softest). It is weird. G-1 is hard but not too hard. It is tensor but not yet too bouncey. It is fast if you want to but good with short game. That is all I can say. I chose G-1 on my backhand side over Tenergy 05fx, 64fx, 80fx, Rakza 7, Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X, Rakza X soft, C-1 (yes I really liked C-1 and used it for a while), and Revolution MX-P, EL-S and FX-S. I have not compared it to Donic, Joola or other ESN tensors not listed above.