Is there a short-pimple play like inverted? Looking for an alternatives for Rakza PO

says Feeling blue
says Feeling blue
Sep 2023
Hi guys, I'm looking for a short-pimple that can play like an inverted rubber (drive, loop, etc.). My eyes are on Rakza PO but sadly the distribution at here (Canada) is so bored and costly when shipping from US or EU. So, I'm looking for some alternatives from China, I think? Any ideas that there's one like that? I think I can experiment with it for my friends who rarely play forehand ( I'm encourage him to play short-pimple on FH) or I can try some new winds.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
To my knowledge RITC 802-40 probably the closest one thats made in China. Joola Tango Ultra and Butterfly Raystorm were both regarded as very close to inverted, softer topsheet better grip than 802-40, but more expensive and I'm not sure if they are still sold anymore.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
To my knowledge RITC 802-40 probably the closest one thats made in China. Joola Tango Ultra and Butterfly Raystorm were both regarded as very close to inverted, softer topsheet better grip than 802-40, but more expensive and I'm not sure if they are still sold anymore.
I am afraid 802-40 is a nice rubber but does not in any way perform close to inverted.. If you want something that does that, you need a tensor sp like Moristo or Rakza.
over 50 years I have tried all kinds of pips with some success, and I would like to give some advice about using tensor sp for the first time: If you use non tensor sp you won't have an sp that can compare with inverted
if you have previously been playing with inverted, then you will find the first few ralliies will be disappointing. you will find for instance that at first in counter hitting that you are going in the net too much. This is because. your brain needs to adjust to the timing required. You should persist in steady practice paying attention to the moment of impact applying spin with a relaxed wrist. also in topspin vs topspin make sure you contact before peak.
once you are acclimatised
you will find
serving -great - better control - easier to serve very short with spin, more effective knuckle serve
loop vs chop -works great
loop vs loop ok especially effective in forcing opponent back so that you are countering his topspin off the bounce.
to be successful you need to realise that Moristo comes into its own when you want to apply more forward power. Yes the spin works but your advantage will come by using topspin drive power to drive the inverted opponent off the table by taking the ball early and disrupting his timing a little.
the whole point of using tensor sp is to drive the ball forward at early or peak bounce using topspin to give a safe margin to your shot which should be reaching your opponent a split second earlier than if you hit with inverted
yes spinfire is a good tensor.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
You could also try a slow low-ish grip inverted rubber in like 1.5-1.7mm thickness. That way you can't hit massive spin or speed but you can control the ball well while hitting and occasionally loop a ball too.