Is there any term "overpower" for an equipment?

says Feeling blue
says Feeling blue
Sep 2023
Hi guys, this thing has been wondering in my head over a year now. But my coach once advised me to play the ALC because he said I'm overpowered the super ALC (Viscaria). My unforce errors usually is that I overshoot the table (not in the really bad way like go all the way up, but the arc is low and steep and usually just missed the table a little bit, it is dangerous for opponents when it hits the table, and my FH wing is usually experience that, at that time I used D09C).
He said that he think I would play better (in terms of power since my force is exceed the power needed for the super ALC, and the ability of creating spin and more spin will be added if i'm using the ALC). I would like to know is there anything like that? Sometimes I felt like I couldn't control my hard shots with the blade when I needed it the most in matches, I'm still training (19) and testing so I hope for some advises.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Hi guys, this thing has been wondering in my head over a year now. But my coach once advised me to play the ALC because he said I'm overpowered the super ALC (Viscaria). My unforce errors usually is that I overshoot the table (not in the really bad way like go all the way up, but the arc is low and steep and usually just missed the table a little bit, it is dangerous for opponents when it hits the table, and my FH wing is usually experience that, at that time I used D09C).
He said that he think I would play better (in terms of power since my force is exceed the power needed for the super ALC, and the ability of creating spin and more spin will be added if i'm using the ALC). I would like to know is there anything like that? Sometimes I felt like I couldn't control my hard shots with the blade when I needed it the most in matches, I'm still training (19) and testing so I hope for some advises.
Well, I am not giving you any advise, I leave this to the better players here in the forum but reading your post I think your coach could be right. If one runs a setup that is too fast , what will happen is exactly what you describe. You could of course just try it with a "slower rubber" and check what difference this will bring.
While reading your post it created in my head a picture watching young Tomo Harimoto in his later single and double matches. The amount of balls that he put too long made me wonder if he could also do with a little bit of a slower setup.
But then what the f do i know, I am just a mediocre club-hack. 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

You can get used to ANY equipment with training. Pro who use super ZLC which is even faster than your setup, can precisely land the ball wherever they want.

I think the more important question is- does it fit your style?

Reactions: lodro and WingTT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Just use unboosted H3 if you want to slow things down a bit and add spin and control.

Reactions: lodro
says Feeling blue
says Feeling blue
Sep 2023
Well, I am not giving you any advise, I leave this to the better players here in the forum but reading your post I think your coach could be right. If one runs a setup that is too fast , what will happen is exactly what you describe. You could of course just try it with a "slower rubber" and check what difference this will bring.
While reading your post it created in my head a picture watching young Tomo Harimoto in his later single and double matches. The amount of balls that he put too long made me wonder if he could also do with a little bit of a slower setup.
But then what the f do i know, I am just a mediocre club-hack. 😂
I think my coach means about the reactive of the blade when you hit hard enough to penetrate the carbon.

says Feeling blue
says Feeling blue
Sep 2023
Just use unboosted H3 if you want to slow things down a bit and add spin and control.
Yeh I did try boosted H3 (41 blue, 3 layers of Kai Lin), the first few session was fking awsome, I loop, I hit, I counterloop anything ball land on my FH zone and the balls just magically landed on the table with dangerous arc and at the backline. And soon after 2 weeks, it starts again lol. Problem with H3 is that after 2 BO5 matches comes in, after that, I would totally whiffing my FH :))

says Feeling blue
says Feeling blue
Sep 2023
You can get used to ANY equipment with training. Pro who use super ZLC which is even faster than your setup, can precisely land the ball wherever they want.

I think the more important question is- does it fit your style?
I agree that we can get used to any equipment with training, I played with the super Vis over a year and it's still kinda bruh when it comes to the large shot on FH. I think with the super Vis my demi counter and hit shots (hit/punch) are really good. But the problem is the large swing loop in the mid distance. I'm kind of so so between that two tactics, demi counter/block/punch at the near table or opening-up and then step back for big loops.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I agree that we can get used to any equipment with training, I played with the super Vis over a year and it's still kinda bruh when it comes to the large shot on FH. I think with the super Vis my demi counter and hit shots (hit/punch) are really good. But the problem is the large swing loop in the mid distance. I'm kind of so so between that two tactics, demi counter/block/punch at the near table or opening-up and then step back for big loops.
Large swing FH usually applies to Chinese tacky rubber. If you use Euro or JPN rubbers you should limit your FH range of motion. Look at Timo Boll's FH - a classic FH for fast rubber.

It’s a nice way of telling you that he thinks you are using too fast equipment. This will inevitably lead to holding your shots back with a slower development as a result.

I think most people are using too fast equipment for their good. We have a guy in my club who is using a Viscaria with Dignics on both sides and all you need to do to beat this guy is put a little speed and spin on the ball and he returns long…

But it’s a free world…

Cheers
L-zr

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
It’s a nice way of telling you that he thinks you are using too fast equipment. This will inevitably lead to holding your shots back with a slower development as a result.

I think most people are using too fast equipment for their good. We have a guy in my club who is using a Viscaria with Dignics on both sides and all you need to do to beat this guy is put a little speed and spin on the ball and he returns long…

But it’s a free world…

Cheers
L-zr
looks like we read the same book 😂😂😂