Joola Rossi emotion vs innerforce ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hi.
I have a harimoto ALC and I have read good things about Joola Rossi Emotion.

How does Joola Rossi Emotion comapre to Butterfly innerforce ALC or Harimoto ALC? Did anyone play with both and can share the experience please?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Hi.
I have a Harimoto ALC and I have read good things about Joola Rossi Emotion.

How does Joola Rossi Emotion comapre to Butterfly innerforce ALC or Harimoto ALC? Did anyone play with both and can share the experience please?
Joola Rossi Emotion (JRE) is one of my favorites among my many blades, I've had this for more than 8 years. I also own a Harimoto Alc. Since you already own a Harimoto ALC, you are familiar with its playing qualities. I would describe the JRE as a less bouncier, more controlled, flexier, easier to generate spin, has more "feel" for the ball compared to the Harimoto ALC. The drives, smash, blocks are definitely faster and better on the Harimoto ALC. On ease of creating spin on loops, JRE edges out Harimoto but not by much. In the short game JRE is slightly better than Harimoto.
I don't know if its just me watching to much Harimoto play, but the backhand flick seem to be more deadly with the Harimoto he he. JRE seem to retain the good qualities of wood and yet has synthetic layers.
For me which one is better? JRE seem to be better than Harimoto in many aspects. For my skill level, I play with less mistakes with JRE and somehow more creative in my game. But the Harimoto blade has more potential for skilled players with developed playing capabilities. Harimoto is up there with Viscaria. (more like Viscaria's smaller brother, nearly similar playing characteristics).
JRE not to be confused with the new Joola Rossi Emotion-PBO-c (JRE-PBO-c) which is an entirely new blade, and at a different class entirely from JRE. JRE-PBOc is way faster, stiffer, harder kind of blade.
I also own a Joola Aruna Off, which is basically a renamed, repackaged JRE (they play exactly the same believe me.)
I hope this helps

says Fzding around...
says Fzding around...
Mar 2020
Read 1 reviews
I also own a Joola Aruna Off, which is basically a renamed, repackaged JRE (they play exactly the same believe me.)
I hope this helps
I will have to respectfully disagree with this opinion. Aruna is a noticeably different wood. The shape of the head is different compared to JRE. Also, the composition is different. JRE has ayous core while Aruna has kiri core. Furthermore, it is my impression that the hinoki layer on the Aruna is made of better quality wood. In the game, Aruna is simply a faster blade and has an extra kick at max speed. I would always recommend Aruna over JRE.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I will have to respectfully disagree with this opinion. Aruna is a noticeably different wood. The shape of the head is different compared to JRE. Also, the composition is different. JRE has ayous core while Aruna has kiri core. Furthermore, it is my impression that the hinoki layer on the Aruna is made of better quality wood. In the game, Aruna is simply a faster blade and has an extra kick at max speed. I would always recommend Aruna over JRE.
I stand corrected! I did not discuss the actual layer composition but somehow knew Hinoki and Koto were in the first and second layers.
Still being a constant player of both blades, my opinion on their playing characteristics are pretty damned close. Indistinguishable if I were to play with any of the two. Very similar in my untrained perception, forgive me.
Perphaps the Aruna you are referring to is the Aruna OFF + which is definitely faster 5ply?
Thank you for pointing out my mistake. BobFL

Reactions: BobFL
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Tabletennis11 €75

I have one on order with thorntons in uk £90

says Fzding around...
says Fzding around...
Mar 2020
Read 1 reviews
I stand corrected! I did not discuss the actual layer composition but somehow knew Hinoki and Koto were in the first and second layers.
Still being a constant player of both blades, my opinion on their playing characteristics are pretty damned close. Indistinguishable if I were to play with any of the two. Very similar in my untrained perception, forgive me.
Perphaps the Aruna you are referring to is the Aruna OFF + which is definitely faster 5ply?
Thank you for pointing out my mistake. BobFL
hey, no problem.
my opinion is worth as much as yours. I just shared my impressions.
keep spinning :cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Well i had my first training session with the rossi emotion (original) and im amazed how slow it is. Especially in the short game it feels even slower than the persson power play i switched from. Further from the table you can feel it is a carbon blade and it has enough power whilst allowing for plenty of spin and arc shots.

To summarise first impressions, Incredibly controlled in the short game with wonderful looping capabilities but flicks and blocks lack the kind of pace to make them truly dangerous. Hasnt harmed my game and i will stick with it for a while as these are after only one session. Tenergy 19 2.1 both sides by the way.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Well i had my first training session with the rossi emotion (original) and im amazed how slow it is. Especially in the short game it feels even slower than the persson power play i switched from. Further from the table you can feel it is a carbon blade and it has enough power whilst allowing for plenty of spin and arc shots.

To summarise first impressions, Incredibly controlled in the short game with wonderful looping capabilities but flicks and blocks lack the kind of pace to make them truly dangerous. Hasnt harmed my game and i will stick with it for a while as these are after only one session. Tenergy 19 2.1 both sides by the way.
That's pretty much what I've felt too from both the Rossi and IF ALC.