Just got a Sanwei CC for $12

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
After playing another session with the CC, I am starting to like and appreciate it more. It doesn't feel as soft as it did on my first session, so I guess I am starting to get used to it a little. Because of the significant dwell time, it does feel quite spinny.

During the session, a guy next to me had a Primorac Carbon and a ZJK S-ZLC. So I tried playing with those blades to compare to the CC as well. I feel the CC is pretty much the same speed, but less linear and less direct. CC has a much higher throw angle than those 2 blades. The ball doesn't come off as quickly, but dwells on the blade before catapulting off. But when the carbon kicks in, it really is quite fast. CC feels a lot easier to use than those 2 blades, just as much speed, more easier to hit hard and easier to generate spin.

The only thing about the CC is that I feel like the carbon layer activates quite suddenly. You might hit 2 or 3 medium shots, and then on 4th shot you go for a harder shot and it suddenly activates the carbon. Instead of getting a 20% boost in power that you expect, it suddenly jumps to 50% boost. So the blade can surprise the user a little.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
It's quite an amazing blade for the price. One thing I'm going to do when I get the time is to sand the wings down a good bit. They come down further than on my other blades making it feel a little uncomfortable on my middle finger.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Are there any HL5 users who have also played with the CC? I would be curious to hear their thoughts.

I've hit with HL5 on several occasions, of course they are totally in different worlds, but in some ways I find that the 2 blades have similar design philosophies. Both inner carbon, both limba outer ply, both OFF++. They are medium speed on the low end, and extremely fast on the high end. Both have all-wood traits.

But the HL5 is a overall harder/crisper feel, while still having great flex. CC has a softer feeling, but maybe is actually the stiffer blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
After playing a few more times, I'm really starting to love this blade. Its fast, its light, its soft/flexy. It produces a lot of spin and a distinct arc. It really gives you an extra spring for your offensive attack.

Im really starting to like it even more than my main V14 Pro and TB ZLC blades. For $12, its pretty amazing. People should get one and see what I'm talking about.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Oh ok. Its the cheapest and best looking carbon blade i have seen on aliexpress. Head size is pretty much standard.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
The only thing about the CC is that I feel like the carbon layer activates quite suddenly. You might hit 2 or 3 medium shots, and then on 4th shot you go for a harder shot and it suddenly activates the carbon. Instead of getting a 20% boost in power that you expect, it suddenly jumps to 50% boost. So the blade can surprise the user a little.

This can be the case with inner carbon blades ive found. Just a little bit more power means the carbon can kick in and change the dynamics of the shot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

This can be the case with inner carbon blades ive found. Just a little bit more power means the carbon can kick in and change the dynamics of the shot.

Maybe the effect is more pronounced with the CC.

When I played with the Harimoto ALC, it just felt slow all around. I didn't necessarily feel such a sudden boost in power.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Because the CC is so fast, I though that it might make a good combination with a very slow and spinny rubber. I put the Target 90 rubber on to test it, and it worked like a charm. Target 90 felt slow to me in the past, but on the CC the overall speed is great. And the rubber itself is very spinny, so I could do some really strong and consistent loops. I won some good games, and the blade is proving to be a strong weapon.

A guy next to me playing with Harimoto ALC switched to me. Harimoto actually is stiffer than I remember. But he also fell in love with the CC and decided to get one for himself. I didn't even tell him how much it cost.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I asked the seller to weigh it for me before shipping it, and mine was 87g.

But im sure it varies. You can always ask the seller to find you one around the weight that you want.

This user has no status.
I asked the seller to weigh it for me before shipping it, and mine was 87g.

But im sure it varies. You can always ask the seller to find you one around the weight that you want.

Hi there! very interesting talk about the SANWEI CC, thanks for all this. I usually play with PRIMORAC carbon with Dignics 09c or ENNI blade with Gewo EL 48, I like high throw blades and would like to test the CC one day. Where did you order yours from?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
In not sure about Michael, but I ordered mine from AliExpress. Currently, you can get them as cheap as $11.70 US with free shipping. I paid a little more than that for my last two ($12.74) because I prefer my blades to be around 90 grams and none of the sellers that had them at the slightly lower prices had any at my desired weight.

Reactions: Tony Funk My Racket
This user has no status.
In not sure about Michael, but I ordered mine from AliExpress. Currently, you can get them as cheap as $11.70 US with free shipping. I paid a little more than that for my last two ($12.74) because I prefer my blades to be around 90 grams and none of the sellers that had them at the slightly lower prices had any at my desired weight.

cheers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Hi there! very interesting talk about the SANWEI CC, thanks for all this. I usually play with PRIMORAC carbon with Dignics 09c or ENNI blade with Gewo EL 48, I like high throw blades and would like to test the CC one day. Where did you order yours from?

I got it on aliexpress. Many sellers have it for $12. Primorac carbon is very stiff and direct. CC has a better arc, and is just as fast on loops.

Reactions: Tony Funk My Racket