Lack of spin in J3 39º

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Hi, one week ago I received Yinhe Jupiter III Asia from BEO Store in Aliexpress. I glued it in a Fextra 7. My first impression was that is not as tacky as I expected, I couldnt take the ball more than 1/4s in the air. When I started warming up, well, is not that dead rubber, it's not that slow, but I feel really weird with the spin. I came from Vega Pro, Vega X and Fastarc G-1, and it felt like J3 had 50% spin capabilities of the previous tensor rubbers. Can it be that the rubber was new and I didn't break it? As you might think now, I gave my racket to my coach (former top player in my country) so he started looping some balls. My blocks were literally going to the net, I was used to have to deal with very spinny and fast loops when my coach is topspining the ball. He told me that he didnt like the rubber and also that could be fake.

Could be that the rubber is so hard than the fextra can compress the rubber? I don't feel the rubber that hard, I can reach the wood very easily.

Has anyone got this problem before? I mean, for 14$ it's a good rubber, but I read in several forums J3 Asia had really good spin.

For example, the J3 Tour, with blue sponge, has better spin capabilities?
Thanks in advance.

• Haha
Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
I sold a pair of 38° Jupiter III Asia to a player, and I also got that feedback, that the rubber has little to no feeling, and he cannot perform with it like he expected.
For another player, I assembled a racket with a pair of 39°, and I just don't see any struggles, he can spin the ball with his serves so well, that I often misjudge - also he can hit very good topspins with it.

Reactions: Choosikick
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Maybe try to reglue it and see what happens. Might not specifically be a bad glue job but sometimes beating the rubber up a bit and then regluing it can "reseat" the rubber on the blade and make the rubber play a bit more naturally

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Guess I'm not alone, cuz I faced the same issue with J3 Asia - its trajectory is very flat to me (compare to other tacky rubbers), counter topspin far from table did not have enough spin to guide it into the table (I often hit the net or went out). I acknowledged its bounciness but the crispiness, the curves are all lacking to me (I glued it on a hard blade - Stiga Dynasty Carbon)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
After EJ'ing it on Aliexpress for a couple months, I think I am going to come out and say it, "Neither Yinhe or Loki has any tensor technology yet."

This is after trying Yinhe Big Dipper 38 degree and 40 degree, Mercury 2 medium sponge, CJ8000 and AK47 blue.

I tried Rxton 3 pink, 3 blue and 1 special edition. No catapult effect.

That does not mean one cannot play with it but you have to have certain level of expection and know how to work with these rubbers.

After have hurricine on the forehand side, with CJ8000 and AK47 blue on the backhand side, I am convinced that hurricane does have catapult effect. No doubt about it when you have those on two sides of a paddle. And DHS produced Stiga Genesis for Stiga. I have a few sheets, medium hardness, first generation of Genesis. Yes I can clearly feel the catapult effect on that rubber (although, of course, the catapult effect is not as big as the one found in Tenergy fx or Tibhar revolution series).

I am no longer used to hard Chinese sponge on the backhand side. My motor memory is stuck with soft ESN tensor. So any blocking with CJ8000 and AK47 blue would go into the net, and I don't have time nor the energy to rebuild my backhand muscle memory to accommodate these chinese rubbers on my backhand side.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
After EJ'ing it on Aliexpress for a couple months, I think I am going to come out and say it, "Neither Yinhe or Loki has any tensor technology yet."

This is after trying Yinhe Big Dipper 38 degree and 40 degree, Mercury 2 medium sponge, CJ8000 and AK47 blue.

I tried Rxton 3 pink, 3 blue and 1 special edition. No catapult effect.

That does not mean one cannot play with it but you have to have certain level of expection and know how to work with these rubbers.

After have hurricine on the forehand side, with CJ8000 and AK47 blue on the backhand side, I am convinced that hurricane does have catapult effect. No doubt about it when you have those on two sides of a paddle. And DHS produced Stiga Genesis for Stiga. I have a few sheets, medium hardness, first generation of Genesis. Yes I can clearly feel the catapult effect on that rubber (although, of course, the catapult effect is not as big as the one found in Tenergy fx or Tibhar revolution series).

I am no longer used to hard Chinese sponge on the backhand side. My motor memory is stuck with soft ESN tensor. So any blocking with CJ8000 and AK47 blue would go into the net, and I don't have time nor the energy to rebuild my backhand muscle memory to accommodate these chinese rubbers on my backhand side.
How soft is your BH rubbers if you find CJ8000 and AK47 blue hard? I can understand if they are not fast enough, but they should be pretty soft already. AK47 blue is supposedly 38 to 40 deg on ESN scale.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hi, one week ago I received Yinhe Jupiter III Asia from BEO Store in Aliexpress. I glued it in a Fextra 7. My first impression was that is not as tacky as I expected, I couldnt take the ball more than 1/4s in the air. When I started warming up, well, is not that dead rubber, it's not that slow, but I feel really weird with the spin. I came from Vega Pro, Vega X and Fastarc G-1, and it felt like J3 had 50% spin capabilities of the previous tensor rubbers. Can it be that the rubber was new and I didn't break it? As you might think now, I gave my racket to my coach (former top player in my country) so he started looping some balls. My blocks were literally going to the net, I was used to have to deal with very spinny and fast loops when my coach is topspining the ball. He told me that he didnt like the rubber and also that could be fake.

Could be that the rubber is so hard than the fextra can compress the rubber? I don't feel the rubber that hard, I can reach the wood very easily.

Has anyone got this problem before? I mean, for 14$ it's a good rubber, but I read in several forums J3 Asia had really good spin.

Thanks in advance.
Have you used a booster?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
How soft is your BH rubbers if you find CJ8000 and AK47 blue hard? I can understand if they are not fast enough, but they should be pretty soft already. AK47 blue is supposedly 38 to 40 deg on ESN scale.
My current BH rubber is Rakza 7 soft so that's 37-40 deg on ESN scale? My other blade has C-1 on the BH so that's a bit harder than Rakza 7 soft.

I don't find CJ8000, AK 47 blue and Mercury II to be hard. Rxton 1 special edition is also quite soft actually. They just don't have any catapult effect.

I find Rxton 3 blue, 3 pink and Big Dipper 40 degree to be hard. And when it is hard and has no catapult effect, it is hard for me to use.

Big Dipper 38 degree is somewhere in the middle of those two ends of the spectrum.

My muscle memory right now on my bachhand side is stuck on bouncy soft ESN rubber right now. Hard to change.

Reactions: hclnnkhg
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

Thanks in advance.
I put Jupiter 3 38d on a Fextra 7 and had the exact same issue as you. I used the factory glue along with a couple layers of my own glue. Arc was too flat and the ball just bounced off the rubber without any grippy feeling. I took it off my racket right when I got home after using it for a couple hours.

I can be honest with myself and know that my technique isn't good enough for me to blame a rubber for anything. But J3 just didn't feel right on my FH and whatever technique adjustments I needed to make would've been too drastic compared to what I was used to.

If I ever glue J3 on my blade again, it'll be for BH use. And I'm going to remove all of that factory glue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Have you used a booster?
No, I don't have booster rn. I only have a bottle of speed glue I bought by mistake, I'll use it until I get a bottle of glue and booster.
I put Jupiter 3 38d on a Fextra 7 and had the exact same issue as you. I used the factory glue along with a couple layers of my own glue. Arc was too flat and the ball just bounced off the rubber without any grippy feeling. I took it off my racket right when I got home after using it for a couple hours.

I can be honest with myself and know that my technique isn't good enough for me to blame a rubber for anything. But J3 just didn't feel right on my FH and whatever technique adjustments I needed to make would've been too drastic compared to what I was used to.

If I ever glue J3 on my blade again, it'll be for BH use. And I'm going to remove all of that factory glue.
Yes, I think this is very similar to what I felt.
Try it on a harder blade. I had similar issue with Target Provincial 3. On YEO I couldn't spin well and struggle with engaging the sponge, on Rutis Revo it plays fine.
Thanks, I'll save the rubber for testing with a viscaria clone when I have money to buy it.
Maybe it's a technique issue. Chinese rubbers require a slightly different stroke than European tensors. You need to utilize the tackiness to create spin. Brush more when hitting through the ball. It may take a while to get used to.
I understand, but if I'm honest, tackiness has gone 80% of the rubber with 1 week of use, cleaning with rubber cleaner and putting the sticky plastic that came with the rubber. Anyway, I'm always finding ways to improve my technique.
I sold a pair of 38° Jupiter III Asia to a player, and I also got that feedback, that the rubber has little to no feeling, and he cannot perform with it like he expected.
For another player, I assembled a racket with a pair of 39°, and I just don't see any struggles, he can spin the ball with his serves so well, that I often misjudge - also he can hit very good topspins with it.
This. I think this is the key point. After one week of use, I think the rubber break in a little bit, upgrading the spin capability. But the feeling that I have when I do my loops is that the ball doesnt carry great spin. It's weird. Maybe it's something related to tacky rubbers that I'm not used to.