Lin-gaoyuan equipment in WTT champions 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
according to https://pingsunday.com/wp-content/uploads/Lin-Gaoyuan-equipment-in-WTT-Champion-2023.jpg , it says Lin gaoyuan is using the blade of his name, which would be lingaoyuan ALC, but in the image he attached it appears to be false. I reserarch table tennis equipment, and i've never seen this blade before, does anyone know what he's using?
It doesn't look like any BTY blade i have seen.
Lin-Gaoyuan-equipment-in-WTT-Champion-2023.jpg

Edit: here is a picture of LGY ALC for reference
_vyr_2480Butterfly_Lin_Gaoyuan_01.jpg

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
according to https://pingsunday.com/wp-content/uploads/Lin-Gaoyuan-equipment-in-WTT-Champion-2023.jpg , it says Lin gaoyuan is using the blade of his name, which would be lingaoyuan ALC, but in the image he attached it appears to be false. I reserarch table tennis equipment, and i've never seen this blade before, does anyone know what he's using?
It doesn't look like any BTY blade i have seen.
View attachment 25397

Edit: here is a picture of LGY ALC for reference View attachment 25398
Someone on another thread said that his family is starting a table tennis equipment company and the handle comes from his family's brand. Now I don't know if it is true or not. I am too lazy to go back and find out who exactly said what in which thread. Too much work.

Also, for many years, Fan Zhendong was using a Viscaria with Stiga handle because he was, at the time, sponsored by Stiga, not Butterfly.

So who knows if Lin is using a Butterfly ALC but with his family's branded handle attached to it. Lol, let the conspiracy theory begin. :) :)

• Wow
Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Someone on another thread said that his family is starting a table tennis equipment company and the handle comes from his family's brand. Now I don't know if it is true or not. I am too lazy to go back and find out who exactly said what in which thread. Too much work.

Also, for many years, Fan Zhendong was using a Viscaria with Stiga handle because he was, at the time, sponsored by Stiga, not Butterfly.

So who knows if Lin is using a Butterfly ALC but with his family's branded handle attached to it. Lol, let the conspiracy theory begin. :) :)
Is this the thread? https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/lin-goayuan-new-blade-wtt-bangkok.31037/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yes, that's the thread. Thank you for pulling it up.

Quite frankly, I am not sure about the obsession over the exact blades or the rubbers that pro's use. But that's because I know I cannot play with those blades and rubbers. They are either too fast or you need the right training/strength to use the rubbers to their fullest extent. I am happy and content with my H3 neo commercial grade. I was tempted to buy the provincial or national version but never pulled the trigger. Now I have no desire to pay up for the provincial or the national version. I also have trouble taming Tenergy so yeah, I will stick with my Nittaku G-1.

Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Yes, that's the thread. Thank you for pulling it up.

Quite frankly, I am not sure about the obsession over the exact blades or the rubbers that pro's use. But that's because I know I cannot play with those blades and rubbers. They are either too fast or you need the right training/strength to use the rubbers to their fullest extent. I am happy and content with my H3 neo commercial grade. I was tempted to buy the provincial or national version but never pulled the trigger. Now I have no desire to pay up for the provincial or the national version. I also have trouble taming Tenergy so yeah, I will stick with my Nittaku G-1.
I use a provincial, Its a big difference from the commerical. Much spinnier and faster and lasts longer

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I use a provincial, Its a big difference from the commerical. Much spinnier and faster and lasts longer
I don't know. TT11 just did a review on their youtube channel. Half said no difference. Half said provincial blue sponge is better. Obviously in the review they did not test for longevity. They also only boosted each rubber with one layer of booster.

As of now, I am stripping old H3 neo commericals from my various Tibhar Stratus Power Wood blades, reboosting them, and putting them on various blades that I own. I am tied up with that project right now. Maybe I will try H3 neo provincial one day...maybe in blue sponge only...maybe... :) :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Good for him! I really cannot believe, in a niche market like table tennis, Butterfly would pay enough for Lin to continue his collaboration with them. Timo Boll ALC is so ingrained in many Butterfly users. I am sure Timo Boll is making heavy sum of money from Butterfly. But

Lin Gaoyuan, Lin Yun-ju, etc. are probably all interchangeabe blades with different names slapped on it.

Butterfly even makes super viscaria to milk more money out of the viscaria franchise.

There are five Fan Zhendong blade and I am sure he only uses the model that is the most similar to Viscaria. I guess Fan does not need to hide he has been using Vscaria for years and years now!

The marketing from Butterfly is getting way too confusing and I am not sure it is a good thing.

The only blade I would consider is Harimoto ALC blade because he actually uses it! It is slower with more control. The headsize is bigger that most blades since he blocks a lot. That's the only Butterfly blade I would consider. ,The rest is just faster and more faster. charge more and more money....