Lin Gaoyuan's BH

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Start watching from 0'50" to 1'20" clip.

First off Adam is no pushover when it comes to TT. However to see Adam's return of LGY BH flying all over is a sight to behold. I noticed that LGY hit his BH really low as he squat really low to take his BH.

NB: This is not how I am taught my BH but nice to observe other's awesome BH nonetheless.

p/s : I shall assume LGY BH is archetypal of CNT style BH.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
Adam is a great player, but honestly I don't think his block is good. He is standing up straight and just sticking his arm out. He isn't using his body at all to give him stability in his block. He has good feeling so he can get away with it to some extent. Maybe he's nervous. And because he isn't blocking properly, there's no speed and the ball sets up high. So LGY can just load up his legs and get max whip which is why there is so much spin. Maybe LGY also wants to give Adam extra time so he takes the ball late.

Another thing to consider, when does Adam block in a match? He seems to always go back and fish, so it probably isn't his strength

This user has no status.
Start watching from 0'50" to 1'20" clip.

First off Adam is no pushover when it comes to TT. However to see Adam's return of LGY BH flying all over is a sight to behold. I noticed that LGY hit his BH really low as he squat really low to take his BH.

NB: This is not how I am taught my BH but nice to observe other's awesome BH nonetheless.

p/s : I shall assume LGY BH is archetypal of CNT style BH.
That kind of backhand is definitely not CN style.
And I wonder which knee breaks first if Gozo tries to squat low for a backhand?😁
No offense this is just a joke sorry if anyone is offended.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
That kind of backhand is definitely not CN style.
And I wonder which knee breaks first if Gozo tries to squat low for a backhand?😁
No offense this is just a joke sorry if anyone is offended.

From the responses I gather above, I shall make an uneducated guess that LGY is just goofing around and that is not his usual BH.

Me young man, me knees are gud. Me can do real low squat! All I need is to git me some analgesic pills and I'm all gud!

Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
From the responses I gather above, I shall make an uneducated guess that LGY is just goofing around and that is not his usual BH.

Me young man, me knees are gud. Me can do real low squat! All I need is to git me some analgesic pills and I'm all gud!

Looking forward to a ripping squatting backhand from our star contestant Gozo in his next video!😁

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Looking forward to a ripping squatting backhand from our star contestant Gozo in his next video!😁

It just so happened that I am going for my coaching lesson this evening and it just so happened that I brought along my camera tripod 😉

The rest is a forgone conclusion.

One last lesson before the tourney next week. Just like Bird doing his last minute mugging of his text-books before his middle-level exam.

Last edited:
Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
It just so happened that I am going for my coaching lesson this evening and it just so happened that I brought along my camera tripod 😉

The rest is a forgone conclusion.

One last lesson before the tourney next week. Just like Bird doing his last minute mugging of his text-books before his middle-level exam.

Let’s Go-zo!
get it?😂