Loki W81 SP Inner AC Blade

This user has no status.
For now this is not a review, but i might add one later on.

Current intended use of the blade is a spare setup. I might switch from my Vsea in case it plays at least as well and feels better in my hand. Because i have some really slight issues with angle adjustments and slight handcramps. The issues arent that severe though as they seem. More like an annoyance but they do cause some errors from time to time.

And before you say - spare setup??? Dude are you stupid, why dont you simply buy the same blade again?
Because my inner EJ says so, so fuck off! And maybe because i still hope i might find smth better for a similar - slightly lower pricetag.

So yeah, here are some pics of the unboxing:
IMG_20230808_192517.jpg

IMG_20230808_192554.jpg

By the pure looks of the box and the blade itself it even could be a butterfly blade. Though the box got a little damaged the blade was totally fine.

IMG_20230808_192843.jpg

The blade is supposed to have nearly the same structure:
Limba, Ayous, AC, Ayous, AC, Ayous, Limba
Dunno why they dont differentiate ZL and AC, but we will see how it behaves.

The blade is disturbingly light (with its 83,4g), and i am not sure how they managed that. I will compare it to the Vsea more in depth tomorrow. Maybe that will give the reason.
IMG_20230808_192737.jpg

Glued with Battle 2 and LAC it weighs 181g.
It feels headheavy this way but not so much, that i wouldnt like it. The head size should be the same as pro-01 because the LAC fit right perfectly on it.
IMG_20230808_205653.jpg
IMG_20230808_205704.jpg

I will take it for a swing by tomorrow evening.

Reactions: hclnnkhg
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
For now this is not a review, but i might add one later on.

Current intended use of the blade is a spare setup. I might switch from my Vsea in case it plays at least as well and feels better in my hand. Because i have some really slight issues with angle adjustments and slight handcramps. The issues arent that severe though as they seem. More like an annoyance but they do cause some errors from time to time.

And before you say - spare setup??? Dude are you stupid, why dont you simply buy the same blade again?
Because my inner EJ says so, so fuck off! And maybe because i still hope i might find smth better for a similar - slightly lower pricetag.

So yeah, here are some pics of the unboxing:
View attachment 26220
View attachment 26221
By the pure looks of the box and the blade itself it even could be a butterfly blade. Though the box got a little damaged the blade was totally fine.

View attachment 26222
The blade is supposed to have nearly the same structure:
Dunno why they dont differentiate ZL and AC, but we will see how it behaves.

The blade is disturbingly light (with its 83,4g), and i am not sure how they managed that. I will compare it to the Vsea more in depth tomorrow. Maybe that will give the reason.
View attachment 26223
Glued with Battle 2 and LAC it weighs 181g.
It feels headheavy this way but not so much, that i wouldnt like it. The head size should be the same as pro-01 because the LAC fit right perfectly on it.
View attachment 26224View attachment 26225
I will take it for a swing by tomorrow evening.
Why do you think it's ALC blade? It says ZLC on the blade. Seller descriptions also say ZLC.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Dunno why they dont differentiate ZL and AC
It sure is a good looker.
The whole sales-dribble is confusing (nearly standard these days)
Advertising the blade a Super ZLC and also a Aramid/carbon just adds to the confusion and makes one wonder : What is it actually that we got for the money ???????
Non branded blades of the same or similar lay-up can be had for a third of the price and it makes one wonder if we really have to pay so much for the whole "propaganda tra-ra" :rolleyes:

This user has no status.
Why do you think it's ALC blade? It says ZLC on the blade. Seller descriptions also say ZLC.
I dont, and never said it is ALC. I mean we even discussed the differences between AC and ALC in a different thread, specially for you.

Even the descriptions in several stores tell it is ZLC and AC-Aramid in the same sentence.
The carbon layer confuses as well, because Zylon is usually a little more to the orange side.

But it doesnt matter too much, because their playing characteristics shouldnt be too far apart.

@lodro yeah maybe we dont have to. But i simply trust in the "better" work. I mean you wont get such a composition from sdc for example for 40 bucks as you would buying from Stuor for example. As a player we do need some amount of consistency in the blades, and i think for myself that is what we get if we payer a somewhat higher price.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
As a player we do need some amount of consistency in the blades, and i think for myself that is what we get if we payer a somewhat higher price.
I get that and "the bit of consistency" has to become bigger as the quality of the players game increases. At the top level of the game one can simply not take any chances, there is too much involved.

At my level of play of course it does not really matter much at all but a bit of quality is always nice.:LOL:

This user has no status.
I can review some aspects:

- Handle feels great. It is wider with the same thickness and has a good handfeel
- The low weight especially for bh. This feels quite great

But here start the issues^^

- Low impact shots give weird vibration feedback and feel hollow - i cant work with that quite well
Vsea feels way more solid.
- Unsteady arc on fh (could be caused from B2 though, because i didnt have this on bh)
- Blade feels more crispy as i would have a outer carbon blade in hand
- Too direct as if the blade would be harder

So ive checked and compared my 2 blades having some isses identifing the layers, especially the toplayer.
Here are some pictures:
IMG_20230809_220322.jpg

IMG_20230809_220419.jpg
IMG_20230809_220446.jpg

Can someone identify what is being used here?
Because in my modest experience i dont see this composition being able to weigh so less (83,4g).
And i havnt seen Limba this bright too. So the heck am i dealing here with? @hipnotic - in case everyone else is as clueless :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Can someone identify what is being used here?
Because in my modest experience i dont see this composition being able to weigh so less (83,4g).
And i havnt seen Limba this bright too. So the heck am i dealing here with? @hipnotic - in case everyone else is as clueless
Yes, it's Limba, but just a very thin layer. What you have there is Limba / Ayous / A-C / Ayous, but with a thick core and a thinner outer layers. In terms of structure at least this is close to the HL5X. By the way those fibers fray on the edge, they have used little resin to laminate the composite layer, which would explain the weird vibrations. As for the weight, totally possible, with such a thick core you just need to have a light piece of Ayous. But if the handle is thick and wide, it is probably hollowed too.

I don't any problems with cheap blades, a blade can be cheap and play great, I'm not disputing that. But I do have a problem with fooling people, and that blade clearly doesn't contain any Zylon. PBO is the name of the fiber, Zylon is a brand of PBO, so technically they can only use the name if they are using real Zylon, which is not the case. I don't know if the Chinese are manufacturing PBO, but to me that just looks like Aramid.

This user has no status.
Yes, it's Limba, but just a very thin layer. What you have there is Limba / Ayous / A-C / Ayous, but with a thick core and a thinner outer layers. In terms of structure at least this is close to the HL5X. By the way those fibers fray on the edge, they have used little resin to laminate the composite layer, which would explain the weird vibrations. As for the weight, totally possible, with such a thick core you just need to have a light piece of Ayous. But if the handle is thick and wide, it is probably hollowed too.

I don't any problems with cheap blades, a blade can be cheap and play great, I'm not disputing that. But I do have a problem with fooling people, and that blade clearly doesn't contain any Zylon. PBO is the name of the fiber, Zylon is a brand of PBO, so technically they can only use the name if they are using real Zylon, which is not the case. I don't know if the Chinese are manufacturing PBO, but to me that just looks like Aramid.
Agree. Using that term is misleading and confusing especially for the typical user.
But at least in their defence, they do use both terms, Aramid and zlc. Weird but thats how it is.
That could be the reason this blade is more headheavy too.

PBO is used by chinese brands too, my best example would be from sanwei pbo blade. Pretty solid blade but extremely fast. I actually gave it to a teammate with a decent technique, but he has the issue of being unable to enforce more power with his lower body and forearm. Therefore his attacks were really weak. But now the results are way better.

Thanks for clarification. It helps a lot knowing for certain i havent gotten smth different as ive bought^^