Long V vs. Harimoto Alc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Ak47 is pretty great, but I do have a slight itch to try a semi tacky sort of like dignics. Is there any other decent cheap semi tacky option that might worth taking a look?
I wouldn't call Moon Speed semi-tacky. It's basically grippy.

There are some really good semi-tacky rubbers. Apollo 5 (is slightly faster and tackier than big dipper), Palio HK1997, and Moon Pro.

Reactions: tabletennisdaily1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I wouldn't call Moon Speed semi-tacky. It's basically grippy.

There are some really good semi-tacky rubbers. Apollo 5 (is slightly faster and tackier than big dipper), Palio HK1997, and Moon Pro.
Also, I haven't tried it yet, but some other forum members were talking about the new 729 Pro Dragon rubber, which is semi-tacky.

Also, on Aliexpress there is like a fake Tenergy rubber, that is actually quite good with some booster. It's semi-tacky but also quite fast with booster.

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
I just checked, and Jupiter comes in 37 deg. too. hmmm...

Also, does Jupiter 3 come with preglue layer like big dipper?
I have a sheet of J3 37 and it has a preglue layer

Reactions: tabletennisdaily1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Theoretically speaking, do you think I should try Jupiter 37 on backhand, or Jupiter 38 to more directly compare it to bd 38 on backhand? Unless bd comes in 37 deg).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Theoretically speaking, do you think I should try Jupiter 37 on backhand, or Jupiter 38 to more directly compare it to bd 38 on backhand? Unless bd comes in 37 deg).
From my experience of using BD 38 on BH, I would go for the Jupiter 3 37d on BH. Because even the 38d is still somewhat unforgiving on the backhand. You really need to hit every shot quite cleanly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
From my experience of using BD 38 on BH, I would go for the Jupiter 3 37d on BH. Because even the 38d is still somewhat unforgiving on the backhand. You really need to hit every shot quite cleanly.
Have you tried 09c? Might be a stretch, but if you have, how does it compare to bg 38? (Hardness, topsheet feel/tension, etc)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Have you tried 09c? Might be a stretch, but if you have, how does it compare to bg 38? (Hardness, topsheet feel/tension, etc)
Yes I have tried 09c. Honestly I think its really quite similar to BD38. Officially 09c is harder than BD38, but maybe BD's topsheet is harder, so in actual play they feel about the same hardness.

I happened to bump into somebody using 09c today, so I just tested bouncing his 09c and my BD38. I thought they had about the same amount of rebound or maybe BD38 was a little bouncier. But my sheet was lightly boosted, so not a perfect comparison.

Definitely I would consider BD the closest Chinese rubber to clone 09c. Also to keep in mind, 09c is not a easy rubber to use on backhand either. It's also quite demanding.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I dont have 09c or access to try it, so cant compare.
I guess your best bet is just to ask around with people you play with to see if anybody has 09c so you can compare the 2 rubbers.

Around the people I play with, I know 4 or more people who use D09c, so I've tested it here and there in the past. It has a higher throw angle than Big Dipper. That's probably the biggest difference. I don't think the tackiness or bounciness is very far off.

Nov 2022
So did you decide to buy these blades?
I'm not sure. Maybe I'll wait for Febr 13 to buy em on sale on Ali. Recently I found so many cheap blades(even a Sanwei with 19 LAYERS😱) with positive reviews. I'm thinking of getting a Stuor Harimoto SZLC because of your opinion but I'm also excited in outer carbon blades cause the carbon is closer and maybe it is easier to generate speed. So I really don't know.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I'm not sure. Maybe I'll wait for Febr 13 to buy em on sale on Ali. Recently I found so many cheap blades(even a Sanwei with 19 LAYERS😱) with positive reviews. I'm thinking of getting a Stuor Harimoto SZLC because of your opinion but I'm also excited in outer carbon blades cause the carbon is closer and maybe it is easier to generate speed. So I really don't know.
Get one outer, one inner. You can try both styles.

Im not sure they will go on sale Feb 13. Stuor is a small store on AliExpress, so they may not qualify for sales.

Reactions: Fnub