MS homemade blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share my progress in blade making – been at it for a couple of months now. Got loads of inspiration from the awesome blade makers in this forum. Had to figure out a bunch of stuff on my own, like laminating, sanding, shaping, and working with glue/epoxy. Now, I feel ready to showcase some blades and would love any constructive feedback and advice to get better.

This one's modeled after the Timo Boll ALC. It's made with layers of Koto-ALC-Limba-Kir-Limba-ALC-Koto. Weighs around 95.2 grams, maybe a tad on the heavier side, but I think the balance is pretty good, especially with heavier rubbers like Dignic 09c.

The blade's frequency is around 1470 Hz. The handle's crafted from Bubinga, adding some weight. Any tips on making it look more pro or refining the handle are welcome.

Excited to hear your thoughts as I keep honing my skills.

Cheers from the unknown blademaker

image0 (2).jpeg
image1 (1).jpeg

xmj

This user has no status.

xmj

This user has no status.
Apr 2024
Hey!
I'm very new to the blade crafting comunity but i already did tons of research in the forum.
This model looks soo cool! Love also how the handle contrasts with the blade visually.

Im asking you, as another fellow crafter new to this art;
where do you usually find your woods and veeners?

I'm struggling to find good quality sources for my blades and it would help knowing how other people deal with this.
Thank you in advance.
Beatiful blade mate

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hey!
I'm very new to the blade crafting comunity but i already did tons of research in the forum.
This model looks soo cool! Love also how the handle contrasts with the blade visually.

Im asking you, as another fellow crafter new to this art;
where do you usually find your woods and veeners?

I'm struggling to find good quality sources for my blades and it would help knowing how other people deal with this.
Thank you in advance.
Beatiful blade mate
Hej xmj,

Well getting the right veneer and core wood can be tricky, it is very location specific, fortunately for me i have a veneershop pretty close to my home, which has all sorts of veneer from hard to soft wood. took me a long time to find that shop even though it was close because their website is not that google friendly.

Im sorry to say it but i can be tough depending on location, i guess i was lucky, sorry for not being any help here :|
I did see Dreiser Good Sporting Store on Aliexpress but im not sure about quality and there might be a long delivery time aswell.
95 grams is very heavy. Have you tried making cavities in the handle? This can lighten the blade by a few grams
Yeah 95 grams is pretty heavy i agree :), my currently playing blade is of similiar composition i did refine the blade and is now around 85 grams makes a big difference i the balance of the blade..
IMG_1629.jpg

Hello and welcome, wish you fun and success. All comes with time. Best for the design is laser engraver, or simpke stamp....
There are many ways.... Most for the handle.
Thank you :), i did see some of your videos and took inspiration in the processing of the blades thank you for posting, yes that is the next step of my blade making process is to make the handle more beautify. My first priority was that quality when playing, but im aiming towards the design part now :)

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hey everyone,

Excited to introduce my latest creation, inspired by the Jun Mizutani Super ZLC. This blade's crafted with layers of Limba and ZLC, weighing in at around 91 grams. The balance is a significant improvement from previous versions.

Clocking in at about 1550 Hz, the veneer is a bit thicker than usual which adds to the stiffness, the zebrano handle adds a touch of style and a comfortable grip.

Cheers from your friendly unknown blademaker!
IMG_1632 (2).jpg