My One of a Kind Blade by (BBC) BladesByCharlie.com Mahogany - Hinoki - Koto

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Phamster, are you still using this blade? If you are can you tell us how it plays.

Hi guys, i am very excited to show the forum members my new blade.

it was a custom blade from BBC (blades by charlie) he made this for me as an alternative for a stiga clipper / rose wood nct vii / ebenholz nct vii.

my preferences are:

- heavy blade - 95 - 97 grams
- 6.5 - 7.0 mm thick (like a Clipper)
- off minus to off in speed
- must have some dwell like the Clipper or Rosewood 7
- handle must be flare with a large grip (like a legend grip) Japanese makers always makes grips too small for my liking - this one was about 102 mm long

So Charlie made 3 blades for me to try out and i ended up loving this blade.

it has the weight and mass behind it to handle strong loops and stable blocks and loop kills (loop kills are shots you hit off the bounce from an opponents loop and you take it off the bounce for a winner) similar to what Ma Long does when an opponent hits a loop off a heavy slice and then Ma Long hits a winner forehand smash/re hit loop off the bounce.

the weight behind the blade is essential for my game as i play chinese rubber on both side and i like to swing hard at everything.

you can visit www.bladesbycharlie.com/ - he has been making blades for a long time now. his web site states he has been making blades for 40 year now.. and from the looks of my blade i totally agree..

so the specs of my blade came out to

97 grams
6.9 mm's thick

he used some exotic wood for my blade ( really hard mahogany , Hinoki cross plys, and cool looking grey Koto for sharp sounds on smashes)

also he used a wood i never heard of , Bombax Ceiba wood for the Light colored hand, it is very sweat absorbent and light weight material

here are the photos, BTW the blade plays better than it looks..

upload pictures free

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus