Need help choosing a backhand rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I'll throw one more rubber into the discussion: Xiom Vega Asia
Personally, Vega Asia, after several years of playing Vega Pro, did not suit me at all as a backhand player. Vega Asia with the same sponge and topsheet quality with Vega Pro has less acne per square centimeter. Due to this, it feels much softer, has a lower throw angle and has a completely different feel for gripping the ball - spin and catapult work better when the ball is immersed deeper in the rubber. I don't like it, I like to get spin even with subtle contact. Maybe someone will like it more, at least I know two guys who play with this rubber. By the way, one of the disadvantages for the reasons described above is the very weak bottom rotation, so it’s very convenient for me to play with these guys - you can attack any of their passive balls without bothering with the angle of attack. Among the advantages are low weight (46 grams cut for a blade with dimensions 152x159 mm), high speed when exchanging blows, which allows you to maintain the tempo of attack on the backhand, relative insensitivity to rotation and the ability to create a very powerful shot when hitting the rubber.

Reactions: latej and z0uLess

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
medium soft rubber with properties as you wrote: Andro R42 or Andro Hexer grip SFX.
I play in same taste of bh rubber. Anyway, both andro are great, maybe R42 a bit spiny but both almost same. I use R42 on fh and Rasant hexer grip sfx on bh.
Blade: Victas balsa 5.5.
All in all great combination for allraound player wh likes spin and versatile game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
For my backhand I need a rubber that:
- is very grippy/slightly tacky
- has a medium throw angle
- a little bit slower than the Bluefire M2
- same spin/spinnier than the M2
- good for blocking
- medium / medium soft hardness
- good but not necessarily great control
- bouncy but not too much

I would be grateful for your help

Andro Rasanter R42 seems like a good backhand rubber from what people write about it.

Since I am using Mark V right now with a middle range speed offensive blade, I also prefer non-bouncy rubbers. I tried Nittaku Factive, but felt like it was "meh". Its cheap and light and people rate it as having a lot of control. I think the feeling I am searching for is that the topsheet is not too soft and the sponge is mid softness because my blade has a hard outer layer which I suppose create the main feel of contact in its vibration ... and I definately need more speed than what I can get out of Mark V in the long run. Yes, I know I can punch really hard, but then I dont get enough spin on the ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick