Neottec X5 vs Rakza 7

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I am deciding which of these two rubbers to buy for my fh and I couldn’t find much on X5 compared to r7. Can anyone compare them?

And also what would be a good backhand to match these?
Thank you!

That is pretty much the only review on X5 I am aware of. I have played with Katana, Hinomi-M and Hinomi-S. They are very good quality. I have Katana on a carbon blade right now. I do feel Katana despite its low price does have a little tensor feel to it.

In general, most people would just choose R7 because R7 is a well known product. And Yasaka top sheet lasts like forever!

I see that you use fastarc g1 for forehand and xiom europe for backhand. I have used G1 for backhand for like 4-5 years. I really like G1 as a backhand rubber. Slight tensor. It is very direct. Wherever you want the ball to go, it will go there. I have heard that Xiom Europe is very soft but tensor for sure. I have a sheet of Xiom Europe right now, not installed.

I am deciding which of these two rubbers to buy for my fh and I couldn’t find much on X5 compared to r7. Can anyone compare them?

And also what would be a good backhand to match these?
Thank you!

If You are using G1 on FH, I see R7 as a downgrade. Also FH and BH are different strokes so there are no “matching” rubbers really. You choose what You like.

I find Donic accuda blue P2 pretty good for my backhand. But for FH I would like a little more reactive rubber or at least something with more spin capabilities. Saying this there is nothing wrong with R7, it’s a kind of “does everything good but nothing best” rubber. Currently using Nittaku Hammond z2 but I aim for something with a little more oomph…

Cheers
L-zr