New blade weight distribution

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hi all,

I'm currently playing with Andro Kanter FO ALL/S which is an all-wood blade, paired with Rasanter R42 max thickness on both sides. I enjoy playing with this setup and have found success with it, but sometimes my racket movement feels a bit forced.

Recently I switched blades with an opponent who wanted to try out my blade and noticed that with his blade, all of a sudden my racket movement felt very natural and I could hit more topspins in a row. Whereas with my blade, in a training session I usually play 3-4 strong balls and then I make a wonky movement that ruins the next ball.

The main thing I noticed that was different between our blades was that his blade held most of the weight in the handle, while my (very light) blade has a more even distribution. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to ask which blade he was using.

Do any of you know blades with those characteristics? I am not planning on changing my rubbers, but I'm considering changing the blade.

In a few weeks I'll be visiting a TT shop so I can try out a few before making a decision, so I wanted to get some opinions on which I should certainly try out.

Thanks!

If You want to move the center of gravity downwards, look for a blade with a heavy(ish) handle or simply put on lighter rubbers. This means avoid Chinese hard rubbers. You can go down one size in thickness on Your current rubber.

But seriously it is probably a matter of getting used to and most likely it was a coincidence what you experienced. I usually have similar experience when switching gears but it wears off quickly.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: AangTT