new equipment for 2022/23

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
well I actually think DHS should just acquire Daiki's TT group and really make a splash.

might get blocked by certain governments based on national security risk. Don't want rubber technology falling into the wrong hands.
One can fantasize.

I don't think DHS has much interest in manufacturing tension rubbers themselves, that's why they go the ESN route. If they wanted, they could pour money and research into rubbers that would rival Butterfly's, they have the ressources no doubt. The margins considering how much you have to throw into marketing are probably not that worth it to them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
https://equipment.ittf.com/#/equipment/racket_coverings
New stuff: Stiga Mantra Control M, Mantra Sound S, Mizuno QPower, Loki Rxton VII and IX, Joola Dynaryz Inferno, Tronix ZGR, ACC, CMD and Rhyzen ZGX, DHS GoldArc 9, Donic BlueStar A2, A3 and an old/new Slice 40 CS, Andro Rasanter C45.

Loki Rxton 7 and 9 now? The Rxton series has been out for only a few years now and it's already hard to keep track of all the variants. Giving Hurricane series a run for it's money.

There's Rxton 1, Rxton 1 Plus, Rxton 1 Special, Rxton 3, Rxton 3 Pink/Blue, Rxton 3 Top, Rxton 5, and then the premade versions of each with a blue sponge or some minor change. They also changed the packaging for Rxton 1, 3 and 5 a year or so ago just to add to the confusion..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
There's also two new Yasaka rubbers that were introduced on the LARC a while ago : Rakza XX and Elfrark RF.
Quite excited to see what the Rakza will be like...

I always thought Dignics was a awkward sounding name that didn't roll off the tongue all too well. But "Elfrark" definitely has it beat by a long shot.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
new blade from xiom coming soon on may 8.
Xiom TMX Pro Cho daeseong. it's interesting that they will release a pro version since the very first introduction of the blade unlike tmxi an jaehyun. seems like it's gonna be easier to get the pro model of new tmx cds.

Sep 2019
IMG_3099.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
2 New blades by Nittaku: Irodori series. Again a new type of carbon: KVC3

Gyo-En: outer, 5.6mm, 157x150
So-ten: inner, 5.7mm, 158x152

Top ply looks different as well. Maybe koto for Gyo-En and limba for So-ten?
(my japanese is a bit rusty so could not find any details on Nittaku's website ;)

Yeah you're right about the outer plies. I saw these in person at the TT Kokusai store in Tokyo. They had dozens of them. Retail price for both is 19800 yen or $144 USD. They were having a yearly sale with 30% off retail so the price ended up being $115. I was tempted to buy a So-ten. Great build quality as you'd expect from Nittaku and competitive with Butterfly Innerforce prices.

Reactions: P1ngP0ng3r
says [IMG]
Yeah you're right about the outer plies. I saw these in person at the TT Kokusai store in Tokyo. They had dozens of them. Retail price for both is 19800 yen or $144 USD. They were having a yearly sale with 30% off retail so the price ended up being $115. I was tempted to buy a So-ten. Great build quality as you'd expect from Nittaku and competitive with Butterfly Innerforce prices.
Interested in the So-Ten as well. Although FL handle is a bit wider/bigger compared to regular Nittaku handle, I consider it still as (too) thin and that's holding me back.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Interested in the So-Ten as well. Although FL handle is a bit wider/bigger compared to regular Nittaku handle, I consider it still as (too) thin and that's holding me back.

The ST handle is a bit thicker and better for normal to bigger sized hands. I can't play with my Acoustic FL because it's too thin and I didn't like the grip tape solution. But the ST handle of the So-Ten felt good in my hands when I held it.

Reactions: P1ngP0ng3r