New Forehand rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I am currently using the Victas V22 Double Extra on both forehand and backhand on my Koki Niwa (Carbon) blade. I recently tried out the Rasanter C53 and loved it, beacuse I felt that it was easier to block with and the counter topspin was much easier to do than with the V22.
When I tried the Rasanter in training, I felt I had to work a lot more to get sufficient spin in my topspins.

I'm currently looking into some alternatives, which are a little harder than the V22, but not as hard to use as the C53 (Rasanter R53, Omega 7 Asia). I have also looked at the Tenergy 05 hard and the Dignics 05.

For those who have tried the T05H and D05, can you give some insights as to how these rubbers perform compared to the V22 and/or the C53

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
I am currently using the Victas V22 Double Extra on both forehand and backhand on my Koki Niwa (Carbon) blade. I recently tried out the Rasanter C53 and loved it, beacuse I felt that it was easier to block with and the counter topspin was much easier to do than with the V22.
When I tried the Rasanter in training, I felt I had to work a lot more to get sufficient spin in my topspins.

I'm currently looking into some alternatives, which are a little harder than the V22, but not as hard to use as the C53 (Rasanter R53, Omega 7 Asia). I have also looked at the Tenergy 05 hard and the Dignics 05.

For those who have tried the T05H and D05, can you give some insights as to how these rubbers perform compared to the V22 and/or the C53
V22 is supposed to be 50 deg whereas C53 is 53 deg so not much room between them. Have you tried V20?

Reactions: SendMeViscariaPLS
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

You might take a look at Victas v20 or Tibhar K3 or Donic Bluestar A1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

If you find it hard to play with harder rubbers try smth softer. You can try Victas ventus extra or V15, if you r Victas funboy. Or just any hybrid/tensor rubber in 47~50 deg.
If its a problem with a topsheet of V22 or Rasanter, I would suggest Hurricane 3🌚. Cant go wrong with Hurricane, haha)

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
If you find it hard to play with harder rubbers try smth softer. You can try Victas ventus extra or V15, if you r Victas funboy. Or just any hybrid/tensor rubber in 47~50 deg.
If its a problem with a topsheet of V22 or Rasanter, I would suggest Hurricane 3🌚. Cant go wrong with Hurricane, haha)
Actually I am searching for a rubber that is harder than the V22, which is 50 degrees, but easier to handle than the C53.

This user has no status.
Dignics 05 is a very good rubber for any playstyle. I have it on the backhand and it can let loose a massive shot as well as being capable to handle incoming spin very well. I don't know if this transfers the forehand with this rubber though. However Dignics 09c is very good for producing spin, maybe less good at handling the incoming spin. Generally, if you want a relatively controlling rubber, avoid hard tacky rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
You might take a look at Victas v20 or Tibhar K3 or Donic Bluestar A1
V22 is supposed to be 50 deg whereas C53 is 53 deg so not much room between them. Have you tried V20?
I tried the V20 today in training. When I was doing Multiball training I feld like the rubber didn't grab the ball as good as I need it to. Might be because we had brand new balls and they always leave a layer of dust on the rubber, or because the V20 that I have is already a bit used. Not sure if this issue will be fixed with a brand new sheet. I will however try out the Xiom Omega 7 Asia, the Rasanter R53 and if I get the chance Dignics 05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I tried the V20 today in training. When I was doing Multiball training I feld like the rubber didn't grab the ball as good as I need it to. Might be because we had brand new balls and they always leave a layer of dust on the rubber, or because the V20 that I have is already a bit used. Not sure if this issue will be fixed with a brand new sheet. I will however try out the Xiom Omega 7 Asia, the Rasanter R53 and if I get the chance Dignics 05.
I was testing out the R53 on fh last week. It's a very very fast and exciting rubber, but I think that without the tackiness it lacks some dwell time and control on fh. I maybe will try it for bh instead.