New Gauzy Synteliac VCI and player experiences

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Nov 2018
33
17
107
Read 1 reviews
Now that a bit of time has passed since the new Simon Gauzy blade has been released I was wondering if anybody has tested it and can give some infos about how it plays.
Possibly in comparison to the Harimoto ALC or even the regular Synteliac VCI. I couldn't find much information about it and the only review that is out there is by TTD so I'm wondering what your opinions and reviews are of that blade. And possibly comparisons to similar innerfibre blades...
 
  • Like
Reactions: TTpastor
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2024
2,552
3,432
8,174
Read 7 reviews
I haven't done more than hold it in the store, so here's my very limited impression:

The finish and build quality are great, blade sounded nice and clear without weird resonance. The flared handle is rounded and full, reminiscent of Donic handles but with a bit more thickness in the middle.
Compared to the regular VCI it's easy to spot the difference in core thickness. The head size is larger than the standard 157x150 but it looks and feels natural, not more than say a Korbel (or Harimoto).

That's all I have unfortunately
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jul 2019
77
37
160
Can anyone highlight the differences between the normal VCI and the Gauzy version in terms of ball trajectory and the comfort of the handle and wings?
 
Top