says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Hey guys,
I'm here again to share a video about my NEW Stiga Mantra Pro.
It feels similar to DNA Platinum H and a bit lighter.
And because of I'm a Penhold player anything lighter is more than welcome to avoid wrist injuries.
I tested it without booster and it feels alive and bouncier than my DNA Dragon Grip on forehand side.
More training and testing with it in the following days.
I think this one fits my Backhand needs.

Last edited:
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Is it bouncier than dna platinum? Have you tried hammond z2?
I think they're similar but if you want to be extremely picky, maybe 5% less bouncier. But on my hand, they bounce similar.
I didn't try Hammond Z2 and I will not make more testing in a while because my Combo is done with this rubber to my Backhand 🏓.
Now, time to train hard with the same equipment 😎

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think they're similar but if you want to be extremely picky, maybe 5% less bouncier. But on my hand, they bounce similar.
I didn't try Hammond Z2 and I will not make more testing in a while because my Combo is done with this rubber to my Backhand 🏓.
Nice Video Victor.
Cool accent too!

And you right, "Train hard" is the solution indeed.

Other than pros who get customized rubbers, if we can get 80% to what we like in terms of equipment, then it is good enough
it will never be 100% and I have been saying this 10 years ago on this forum already.
I guess I will need to say it again in 10 years time. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

I had Mantra H on my rpb bh before.
It wasn't strong enough. DNA Pro H was more enjoyable.
DNA Platinum H and all those 50~53 degree new gen ESN, to me, too thick of a sponge and too thin of a topsheet was too soft too. How is your hardness feeling?
I ended up going to DHS H8-80 as you know, as I wanted to create my own power.
Now at that, I'm now worried even the likes of Mantra Pro H might be too soft.
Maybe I will ask Stiga for some samples and test it out (or maybe just ask you, since I don't have any room for samples at the moment lol)

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Nice Video Victor.
Cool accent too!

And you right, "Train hard" is the solution indeed.

Other than pros who get customized rubbers, if we can get 80% to what we like in terms of equipment, then it is good enough
it will never be 100% and I have been saying this 10 years ago on this forum already.
I guess I will need to say it again in 10 years time. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

I had Mantra H on my rpb bh before.
It wasn't strong enough. DNA Pro H was more enjoyable.
DNA Platinum H and all those 50~53 degree new gen ESN, to me, too thick of a sponge and too thin of a topsheet was too soft too. How is your hardness feeling?
I ended up going to DHS H8-80 as you know, as I wanted to create my own power.
Now at that, I'm now worried even the likes of Mantra Pro H might be too soft.
Maybe I will ask Stiga for some samples and test it out (or maybe just ask you, since I don't have any room for samples at the moment lol)

Hi @Tony's Table Tennis
Thanks for the support 🙌. Training is always the answer. I agree with you that we can't get 100% match with the equipment.
And I know also that we're always changing as a players. I remembered when I started training and I hated hard rubbers. And then, getting better I learned that soft rubbers (or too soft) are not consistent.
About Mantra, the hardness feels ok. But of course depends of the match with your blade.
I just put a layer of booster for testing the difference.
I will report back after training more with it this week.

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Hey guys,
I'm here again to share a video about my NEW Stiga Mantra Pro.
It feels similar to DNA Platinum H and a bit lighter.
And because of I'm a Penhold player anything lighter is more than welcome to avoid wrist injuries.
I tested it without booster and it feels alive and bouncier than my DNA Dragon Grip on forehand side.
More training and testing with it in the following days.
I think this one fits my Backhand needs.

Hey TTD family,
Giving an update after some training with this rubber on my backhand side.

I glued the Mantra Pro H replacing a DNA Platinum H.
The throw angle is lower compared with Platinum. For me, feels harder when both are H "Hard". A bit lighter, and it's a bouncy rubber on my Stiga Cybershape. This rubber doesn't forgive little mistakes like Platinum.
It feels like like a little cousin from DNA Dragon Grip about the consistency with sponge. But totally different in throw angles. I adjusted my wrist too much compared to Platinum.
If you like "direct" rubbers or low "throw angle" with control, go for it. But I expected to generate more spin easily.
I will get the M version to test it and we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Ei pessoal,
Estou aqui novamente para compartilhar um vídeo sobre meu NOVO Stiga Mantra Pro.
Parece semelhante ao DNA Platinum H e um pouco mais leve.
E por ser um jogador de Penhold, qualquer coisa mais leve é mais do que bem-vinda para evitar lesões no pulso.
Eu testei sem reforço e parece vivo e mais saltitante do que meu DNA Dragon Grip no lado do forehand.
Mais treinos e testes com ele nos próximos dias.
Acho que este se encaixa nas minhas necessidades de Backhand.

Olá Victor,
Mesmo que fora do tópico, posso perguntar se stiga infinity vps v com dragon grip direita e mantra pro m left, é uma boa combinação para um jogador em desenvolvimento.
Começou com stratus powerwood com tibhar el-s direita e tibhar fx-p esquerda, mas atualmente está com rakza z na direita, isto é na stratus powerwood.
Pensando num melhoramento para o nível de jogador, o combo stiga é bem pensado.
Obrigado pela atenção e um abraço.
Força, o meu filho tem 12 anos, mas eu estou sempre a tentar ajudar nestas decisões de equipamento.
Abraço

Reactions: VictorMoraga
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Olá Victor,
Mesmo que fora do tópico, posso perguntar se stiga infinity vps v com dragon grip direita e mantra pro m left, é uma boa combinação para um jogador em desenvolvimento.
Começou com stratus powerwood com tibhar el-s direita e tibhar fx-p esquerda, mas atualmente está com rakza z na direita, isto é na stratus powerwood.
Força, o meu filho tem 12 anos, mas eu estou sempre a tentar ajudar nestas decisões de equipamento.
Abraço
Hi Diogo,
"This is just my personal preference".
I learned that I don't like rubbers with "low throw angle". DNA Dragon Grip is "high throw". What I didn't like of Mantra Pro is its low throw angle.
I tested it for my Backhand and I had to compensate a lot with my wrist to put the ball in the other side.
DNA Platinum H does an excellent job for me.
Rakza Z sounds good there 👌

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hi Diogo,
I learned that I don't like rubbers with "low throw angle". DNA Dragon Grip is "high throw". What I didn't like of Mantra Pro is its low throw angle.
I tested it for my Backhand and I had to compensate a lot with my wrist to put the ball in the other side.
I also dont like low throw rubbers, especially on bh.

But its hard to know in advance

Reactions: VictorMoraga
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Olá Victor,
Abraço
Google Translate:
Hi Victor,
Even if off topic I can ask if stiga infinity vps v with dragon grip right and mantra pro m left is a good combination for a budding player. It started with powerwood stratus with right tibhar el-s and left tibhar fx-p, but currently it has rakza z on the right, this is in powerwood stratus. Thinking of an improvement for the player level, the stiga combo is well thought out. Thank you for your attention and a hug. Go ahead, my son is 12 years old, but I'm always trying to help with these equipment decisions. Hug
Since, clearly, you used something to translate Victor's post into Portuguese, you should be able to use something to translate your post into English so people on the forum can read it.

I honestly don't think it is a big deal. But there have been some reports where people complained that your posts were not in English.

Thanks for doing that in the future.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Google Translate:

Since, clearly, you used something to translate Victor's post into Portuguese, you should be able to use something to translate your post into English so people on the forum can read it.

I honestly don't think it is a big deal. But there have been some reports where people complained that your posts were not in English.

Thanks for doing that in the future.
Ok, it was my mistake. I didnt used nothing to translate the post, but, because my smartphone do the translation automaticaly, i even thought that i need to write in English.
Once again, accept my apologies, and of course i will try to use something to translate, and please, if i write anything wrong, it was because i didnt used the translator, like i am not doing right now.
Thanks for your recomendation, and i will do that next time for sure.
Kind regards

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ok, it was my mistake. I didnt used nothing to translate the post, but, because my smartphone do the translation automaticaly, i even thought that i need to write in English.
Once again, accept my apologies, and of course i will try to use something to translate, and please, if i write anything wrong, it was because i didnt used the translator, like i am not doing right now.
Thanks for your recomendation, and i will do that next time for sure.
Kind regards

I think what I meant was:

Victor's original post was clearly in English:

Screen Shot 2023-04-11 at 9.46.31 PM.png

In your reply, Victor's post is now in Portugese:

Screen Shot 2023-04-11 at 9.45.34 PM.png

When you quoted Victor, his text is in Portuguese when clearly, it was originally posted in English. It got translated into Portuguese somehow.

You could also write your response in Portuguese and then have it translated for you into English. Like, here, I am going to put your text which was in Portuguese into Google Translate and have it translated into English:

Hi Victor,
Even if off topic I can ask if stiga infinity vps v with dragon grip right and mantra pro m left is a good combination for a budding player.
It started with powerwood stratus with right tibhar el-s and left tibhar fx-p, but currently it has rakza z on the right, this is in powerwood stratus.
Thinking of an improvement for the player level, the stiga combo is well thought out.
Thank you for your attention and a hug.
Go ahead, my son is 12 years old, but I'm always trying to help with these equipment decisions.
Hug

In the end, people from the site could use Google Translate also like I just did. Or a different translator.

It does not matter how you get there. If you write in English, people should be understanding that English is not your first language. And to me, it seems, your writing in English is pretty good.

And for you guys out there who get confused when the language is not English, you could use Google Translate as well. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jk1980
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Hey TTD family,
Giving an update after some training with this rubber on my backhand side.

I glued the Mantra Pro H replacing a DNA Platinum H.
The throw angle is lower compared with Platinum. For me, feels harder when both are H "Hard". A bit lighter, and it's a bouncy rubber on my Stiga Cybershape. This rubber doesn't forgive little mistakes like Platinum.
It feels like like a little cousin from DNA Dragon Grip about the consistency with sponge. But totally different in throw angles. I adjusted my wrist too much compared to Platinum.
If you like "direct" rubbers or low "throw angle" with control, go for it. But I expected to generate more spin easily.
I will get the M version to test it and we'll see how it goes.
Sounds like a good rubber for me. I need to get a harder version of my V>15 as it's too soft when I exert power. It's all go with a short leash. It's 37 dollars here in Thailand. Maybe I'll try out the Mantra Pro H and drop a review as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I was deciding my FH rubber between mantra pro xh and Hammond Z2 (penhold); there wasn't much options around as I prefer the linear effect and supportive of Japanese rubber (I can't afford butterfly).

My last two rubbers were Neottec X5-M and Mark V, I am listing them here for a reference.

Z2 was quite a upgrade from X5-M, superior at all aspects: speed, spinning, blocking and even ball control; especially it is one of the lightest (lighter than Victas V>11 extra). My only complain is the fragility: my top sheet broke due to a collision with a furniture corner at my first time playing.

I was hesitated to try mantra pro XH even though I purchased it with the Z2. I am glad I did despite the first impression of Z2's excellence. It is a much mediocre rubber, heavier than Z2 but it could be still considered in a light-weight category. I eventually went with Pro XH as it is much linear feeling when top spinning and chop in table. I have to admit Z2 creates much powerful topspin; my training partner said it came with a unexpected strong second jump. However, it feels like a turbo engined, you have to put down more effect to activate the potential.

Maybe I will swing back to Z2 when I have more control at game, for now I will stick with Mantra Pro XH for its absolute control and cheaper price.

This user has no status.
Hi Diogo,
Hi, how’s the durability of the rubber in general and whats it like compared to DNA Platinum Or Pro?