Nittaku Fastarc Series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
you falsely suggested that i would have implied that g-1 can generate more spin than d09c. If you don't want a response, then don't put words into other people's mouth ;)
Read my reply again, I change G 1 to Z 2 then d09c, becuz I need more spin, when did I say g1 can generated more spin then d09c? If so I don't have to change rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Hm, so you think G 1, can generated more spin than d09c?
i rest my case. I do not really care about what you play.

Feel free to play whatever you do.

Many people (like me) do lose themselves in EJ'ing, but using pro equipment will not make you a better player but rather the opposite, because you will make 80% of the strokes worse in exchange for that one powerful easy winner that you would have been able to play easily with any other rubber anyways.

Reactions: Crillo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
i rest my case. I do not really care about what you play.

Feel free to play whatever you do.

Many people (like me) do lose themselves in EJ'ing, but using pro equipment will not make you a better player but rather the opposite, because you will make 80% of the strokes worse in exchange for that one powerful easy winner that you would have been able to play easily with any other rubber anyways.
Yeah, just stop this argument, I don't talk too much cuz my limited English, having fun with TT is more important right now, I'm not a player anymore, I'm a TT lover now. I can tell you that, I bought equipment to play not to ejing, I have vis, s vis, horimoto alc, s fzd, hl 5, hl5x, mima Ito, 968, just to find out which I can handle and play to win some old guys game.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
You just talk too much, did I compared these rubbers? I just let JJ know why I change G1, to Z2, and then d09c, is that bother you? I don't have to show you how I play, cuz I'm 40+, if you wanna know how I play, I'm in NYC.
I think you should play with whatever rubber you want! Just as long as you can afford it.

I personally love hurricane and I won't consider trying D09c on my forehand.

My backhand likes soft ESN tensor rubber.

I think the tackiness of the sheet does matter in how much spin you can generate.

I know many people trying D09c and Glayzer lately. They are of all different levels. If they enjoy the way the rubber plays, then they should just do it!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I think you should play with whatever rubber you want! Just as long as you can afford it.

I personally love hurricane and I won't consider trying D09c on my forehand.

My backhand likes soft ESN tensor rubber.

I think the tackiness of the sheet does matter in how much spin you can generate.

I know many people trying D09c and Glayzer lately. They are of all different levels. If they enjoy the way the rubber plays, then they should just do it!
Yeah, now we all 40+ don't have that energy play like young man anymore, play some old guy game is OK for us now.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
In my opinion a lot of what's touched on this thread is just a summary of why equipment reviews are alllllll over the place with disagreements. "pfft, you think THIS rubber can generate more spin than THIS rubber, whatever bro!" but that's reality for some people. Hearing about Dodean and maybe not wanting to use 09c anymore is a perfect example. What works for your capabilities is vastly different to what might work for the next person's capabilities.

I finally got to try 09c and immediately knew it was not for me. Yeah, I thought it could do great things. When I really accelerated into the ball like I can, it's an amazing ball and I thought the rubber felt great. When I give my average quality forehand though, I just don't get anything extra out of it compared to any other rubber and the feel is not there at all. Plus it's way less forgiving. If I get my forehand to be sharp enough to justify the hard/tacky stuff again, I also just don't see what something like that has to offer over hurricane or something.

I'm using G1 max right now on my forehand and since my average quality can take full advantage of it, It is a very consistent and reliable rubber for me with a ton of spin and plenty of power. My average forehand delivers a ball that is higher quality with G1 than if I play something like 09c. The only way that's not true is if I'm really just using thin contact exclusively, but I don't do that and that's also not the point of hard/tacky rubber. I avoided using G1 initially because it was a 'boring' pick and all the new exciting stuff out there seemed more interesting, but dang if it doesn't still hold up.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I was playing with my new setup last Friday which is step/maybe 2 steps down to my faster blade with d09c on one side and at first glance seems to be better choice as I found more confidence in my gameplay. It’s too early to summery but all wood blade equipped with C-1 and g-1 both 2.0 not max in terms of G-1 allowed to play anything you want with a lot of spin.
I played with 70% of my possibilities because my physiotherapist not allowed to play max until I treat my pulled oblique abdominal muscle so I did not do FH loops with body/hips rotation and couldn’t full utilize rubber but even that rotations was above the standard and my colleague had problems to return the ball into the table. Taking into account my age 44 I don’t think the d09c will give me more confidence and easy points than g-1 on slower blades.
But as I said it’s too early to summary as I’m not in 100% fully performance and have to hit more than one practice so far with my new racket.

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Apparently, the quality of a backhand strike is not directly related to age. At least my dad, who is over 65, has a very decent backhand. Therefore, the choice of backhand rubber is limited not by age, but by the player’s technique and capabilities. Apparently Ben has excellent backhand technique since he can handle Dignics 09c.
Sorry for being off topic @ben1229 are you use a booster for the Digics 09C?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Apparently, the quality of a backhand strike is not directly related to age. At least my dad, who is over 65, has a very decent backhand. Therefore, the choice of backhand rubber is limited not by age, but by the player’s technique and capabilities. Apparently Ben has excellent backhand technique since he can handle Dignics 09c.
Sorry for being off topic @ben1229 are you use a booster for the Digics 09C?
I don't boosted the new one, but I will boost after I feel the rubber loss tension, that's like 6 months after.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
As far as I understand this series, this is a response from Nittaku to the Tenergy series and the Vega series.
With three rubbers, everything plus and minus is clear to me:
G1 is Tenergy 05 or Vega Pro (gold standard),
C1 is Tenergy 05Fx or Vega Europe (same top sheet but softer sponge),
S1 - tenergy 64 or Vega Asia (same sponge but less pimples in the topsheet)
But the P1 is a later rubber in the series, released as a response to the faster fifth-generation rubbers that appeared at that time. Maybe I'm wrong, but judging by the description it reminds me of G1 on the booster. Perhaps there are guys on the forum who have played with this and can talk about it in more detail.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
I have the c-1 on my cybershape wood and really like it. However, I would like a thicker rubber (2.0 is max for c-1). Any suggestions of a rubber similar to c-1 with +2.0 thickness?

Reactions: Khimmi

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I am using Fast Arc G1 2.0 on my FH right now, coming from H3. I just wanted to try this rubber because it's such a classic. I like the fact that is not very bouncy and very balanced, I kinda miss the feel and the dwell time of H3, but I see why lots of people like it.
With my shore O durometer I measured 45 from the top sheet side.
For reference other rubbers I measured (some were mine, some from club mates):
Nittaku Fast Arc S1 (1.8): 40
Xiom Vega Europe (Max): 38-39
Stiga DNA Platinum S (Max): 41
Dignics 80: 48

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
I have the c-1 on my cybershape wood and really like it. However, I would like a thicker rubber (2.0 is max for c-1). Any suggestions of a rubber similar to c-1 with +2.0 thickness?
I have played with both C-1 and G-1 in 2.0 and Max. I think a modern 47'5 rubber with a lot of control (more spin than C-1) is what you looking for. For example Joola Tronix ACC is a great choice better than Hybrid MK if you ask me. Pairs well with Cybershape Wood too.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
I have played with both C-1 and G-1 in 2.0 and Max. I think a modern 47'5 rubber with a lot of control (more spin than C-1) is what you looking for. For example Joola Tronix ACC is a great choice better than Hybrid MK if you ask me. Pairs well with Cybershape Wood too.
Thanks! I find the g-1 (2.0) too hard for my backhand, which has similar hardness as ACC. Difficult to dig the ball into the sponge, for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Thanks! I find the g-1 (2.0) too hard for my backhand, which has similar hardness as ACC. Difficult to dig the ball into the sponge, for me.
Yes G-1 feels harder than 47'5 due to the firm topsheet. Many newer 47'5 rubbers have much more elastic topsheet. If you can handle C-1 you will have no problem with Tronix ACC, easy to loop underspinn, backhand loops are a breeze. The negative is its not the best rubber far away from the table but C-1 its not either. Great rubber.

Reactions: matti77
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Yes G-1 feels harder than 47'5 due to the firm topsheet. Many newer 47'5 rubbers have much more elastic topsheet. If you can handle C-1 you will have no problem with Tronix ACC, easy to loop underspinn, backhand loops are a breeze. The negative is its not the best rubber far away from the table but C-1 its not either. Great rubber.
Sounds promising, I may give it a try for my bh. Do you use it on fh too?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Yes, I have Tronix ACC on BH and FH on one of my blades. Sydsport sells Joola and you can call them for a second opinion if don´t trust a "random forum guy" : )
Thanks again. I'm thinking maybe Dynaryz ACC on forehand, but a bit concerned it may be too fast and bouncy compared to the g-1 I'm using on forehand currently.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Thanks again. I'm thinking maybe Dynaryz ACC on forehand, but a bit concerned it may be too fast and bouncy compared to the g-1 I'm using on forehand currently.
Yeah Dynaryz ACC is fast and bouncy with a lower arc compare to Tronix ACC. If you like G-1 on forehand you will probably like modern hybrid rubbers on forehand for example Stiga DNA Hybrid M. Dynaryz ACC is a great backhand rubber aswell. If you wan´t to go full Stiga then DNA Hybrid M on FH and DNA Platinum M on BH.

Reactions: jk1980 and matti77