Nittaku Z2 or G1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Blade in question is Nitaku Acoustic wood
I have tried G1 and found good , may less penetrating against good players

will Z2 be good choice, ? What's the difference between them, heard good reviews on revspin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Z2 is faster and more dynamic than G1 - I like it very much as it remains controllable and has good touch.
On which blade do you use now, both fh and bh ?
Heard throw angle is low, is it really affecting in opening backspins
How does it compare to TO5. How is the spin?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I have them on two identical blades. G1 has a higher throw which gives me more rotation when top spining so I use it on my fh. Due to the lower throw Z2 goes well on my BH and it is a bit faster and feels less bouncy. The short game and serve seem to be better with Z2

Reactions: amitmnagarwal
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I have them on two identical blades. G1 has a higher throw which gives me more rotation when top spining so I use it on my fh. Due to the lower throw Z2 goes well on my BH and it is a bit faster and feels less bouncy. The short game and serve seem to be better with Z2
I was thinking on FH, so it sounds G1 better for Fh on acoustic wood
Ffir
I’ve got it on a Boll spirit, a Maze and a Freitas. I use it on BH and find it great opening vs backspin. It’s much easier to control than T05 for me.
How well it b fh

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Slower, hmmm..... it isn't the typical bouncy/springy kind of a rubber, but it is the fastest one I currently have and use
anatomic edge's measurements of the Z2 are very different and show this not to be a very controlled rubber for the short game.
With a bounce of 28cm it is way bouncier than many other more controlled robbers.
For comparision
bounce of the ball when it gets hit from 60cm free fall (so there is very little energy in the ball). For physics nerds this would amount to an impact speed of the ball of around 3.43 m/s onto the rubber with a kinetic energy of 0.01764 Joule.

Hammond Z2 - 28 cm
Tenergy 05 - 30 cm
Rozena - 27.5 cm
Andro Rasander R48 - 29 cm
FastArc G-1 - 23 cm
Hybrid MK - 22.5 cm
PK50 Sieger - 17 cm

So if you measure it be the reaction of the rubber to a ball that has not much energy and you want to touch it short you would be better of with the rubber doing less by itself and your own force guiding how far behind the net you want to put it.
In this regard the Z2 is not very controlled at all if you compare it to the many rubbers that are better in that aspect.
The rubber might have other features that you like, but being controlled in the short game is objectively not one of the strong sides of this rubber.

• Haha
Reactions: latej and Kolev
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
anatomic edge's measurements of the Z2 are very different and show this not to be a very controlled rubber for the short game.
With a bounce of 28cm it is way bouncier than many other more controlled robbers.
For comparision
bounce of the ball when it gets hit from 60cm free fall (so there is very little energy in the ball). For physics nerds this would amount to an impact speed of the ball of around 3.43 m/s onto the rubber with a kinetic energy of 0.01764 Joule.

Hammond Z2 - 28 cm
Tenergy 05 - 30 cm
Rozena - 27.5 cm
Andro Rasander R48 - 29 cm
FastArc G-1 - 23 cm
Hybrid MK - 22.5 cm
PK50 Sieger - 17 cm

So if you measure it be the reaction of the rubber to a ball that has not much energy and you want to touch it short you would be better of with the rubber doing less by itself and your own force guiding how far behind the net you want to put it.
In this regard the Z2 is not very controlled at all if you compare it to the many rubbers that are better in that aspect.
The rubber might have other features that you like, but being controlled in the short game is objectively not one of the strong sides of this rubber.
I was talking about the D05