NOC taking away Olympic dreams

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
As we conclude Olympic Qualifications, there is one player that is not celebrating his victory.

Sadly, this country has a record of denying Olympic participation to many (yes, many table tennis players has fallen victim), as they will only send medal contenders or top 16 players.
with such policy, many countries and top players would never go to the Olympics, so this is very harsh and against that of the meaning of the Olympics Games.

Its already too late, as the NOC has decline the qualification and the spot will be going to another country.

1716208433081.jpeg

The player/victim self funds his table tennis journey, including to that of the qualification tournament.
here is a match up, of his self funding to the world champs. He sure knows how to play, but he was born in the wrong country at the wrong time.... sadly.

https://youtu.be/omLKd2W8su8

For the ones who isn't clear on how the qualifications works:

IOC syncs with all world sporting bodies, to make qualifiers (ie ITTF)
National TT federations send players to these ITTF qualifiers, so everything here is under the ITTF umbrella.

When the results comes out, the ITTF submit the results to IOC, for each NOC to accepted or decline the entry.
99.9% of the time, the entry is accepted.
This country has a track record of rejecting.

• Sad
Reactions: Metaxa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I just read the article. "Look, we got more medals, so it's working", meanwhile a 21-year-old sprinter who is not close to peaking quit because it's too fucking depressive to miss out.
how about the one where she was denied on the previous olympics and made it this time.
however, she will be a first timer at this olympics
I mean, wouldn't you want to have this "medal hopeful" go through some learning curve, before coming into this olympics and get a medal? ie, go through tokyo 2020 and learn, and medal in 2024... (I think most would agree)

meanwhile, badminton is getting smaller and smaller, because of disappointment after disappointment

I wonder if they set the same policy for its leadership and management? ie the one setting all these rules needs to be an Olympic gold medalist.

Taekwondo is a big mess https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/ol...ue-to-nzoc-ruling/Q5SZPOUDIZB57DYFWUBPXFB35U/
I can understand that sport bodies need to be under NOC, but when athletes go to NOC to query, they get told to speak to sport bodies.... so meaning, the TKD body NZOC send them to, is the "go to place", but then not affiliate? sounds like politics

Seems you need a law degree before doing sports in this country and full time psychiatrist to help with the uncertainties...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
so, here is another table tennis one (copy and paste):

Also let’s not forget the case of Peter Jackson who was denied participation in the 1996 games (after having competed in 1988 and 1992 already). He travelled to Atlanta in the role of coach for Li Chunli.
Imagine being at an Olympic Games that you qualified to compete in as an athlete, but having to wear the mantle of coach. While i’m sure he was grateful to be there at all - it’s just so wrong!

1716275833341.jpeg

bizarre culture there....

really sad for those affected

This user has no status.
how about the one where she was denied on the previous olympics and made it this time.
however, she will be a first timer at this olympics
I mean, wouldn't you want to have this "medal hopeful" go through some learning curve, before coming into this olympics and get a medal? ie, go through tokyo 2020 and learn, and medal in 2024... (I think most would agree)

meanwhile, badminton is getting smaller and smaller, because of disappointment after disappointment

I wonder if they set the same policy for its leadership and management? ie the one setting all these rules needs to be an Olympic gold medalist.

Taekwondo is a big mess https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/ol...ue-to-nzoc-ruling/Q5SZPOUDIZB57DYFWUBPXFB35U/
I can understand that sport bodies need to be under NOC, but when athletes go to NOC to query, they get told to speak to sport bodies.... so meaning, the TKD body NZOC send them to, is the "go to place", but then not affiliate? sounds like politics

Seems you need a law degree before doing sports in this country and full time psychiatrist to help with the uncertainties...
Yeah, that too. Seems like it's just kinda a "business" thing instead of nurturing athletes to get there. Simply wrong people at the top making arbitrary decisions.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis