Opinion on equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Hi, I'm a new player that can't even loop seeking to purchase TT equipment. Currently using pre-assembled butterfly rdj-s6. The TT YouTube PingSunday EmRatThich said that it is recommended to get your own custom bat. At the begining of my research I came to know many stuff about TT equipment like how the pros usually use arylate carbon blades and have hurricane 3 blue sponge for FH and tenergy for bh. I've watched many YouTube videos and decided to buy some not so fancy rubbers like reactor rubber tornado V5 for my BH and Friendship 729 Rubber Cross Sticky for my FH. The thing is I also decided to purchase a 5ply allwood blade either yasaka or Stiga. I saw a few people who said yasaka's manufacturing is more consistent than Stiga that you might have to sand your Stiga blade. Fast forward, I decided to either get Stiga allround classic or Stiga offensive classic or yasaka Sweden classic allround. The question is should I get the off blade or allround bladeeee

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I have the Stiga Offensive classic, which is a very nice blade for learners. It's not fast, provides a lot of hand feeling, but does have enough speed if you really need it.

Also have the Yasaka Ma Lin Offensive, which is faster.

I personally would recommend a Yinhe MC-2 to get started. It's only $17, and is very similar to the Stiga OC.

Reactions: Zihao
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I'd look into the Yasaka Sweden Extra instead. I wanted a slower blade after using an OFF- Nittaku Acoustic and was deciding between the Sweden Extra and Sweden Classic. The Extra is a bit faster than the Classic but it's still slow and very controllable. I would imagine the Classic being a bit too slow even for me (and I was specificallly looking for something slower). Yasaka seems to have better quality control issues than Stiga for the same price range. Buying blades from aliexpress might be your best budget option but you have to wait a whole month for shipping.

• Love
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I've been using the Yasaka Sweden Extra the past few months. It's got good feel, and has more than enough speed with proper technique up to a fairly high level (The Captain from TTD uses an all around blade and he's probably Usatt 2400+). It also comes pre-sealed so you don't have to worry about splinters or sealing the blade yourself.

It only costs ~$40, which is pretty good for a blade type which IMO everyone should have available even if you switch to faster setups so you can always have a reference point. I've got probably the most popular carbon blades in the world (Viscaria, TB ALC, and Hurricane Long 5) sitting in a box right now as I'm going back to the basics to retrain proper technique with the YSE from the ground up.

• Love
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
I have the Stiga Offensive classic, which is a very nice blade for learners. It's not fast, provides a lot of hand feeling, but does have enough speed if you really need it.

Also have the Yasaka Ma Lin Offensive, which is faster.

I personally would recommend a Yinhe MC-2 to get started. It's only $17, and is very similar to the Stiga OC.

I see, thank you very much.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
I'd look into the Yasaka Sweden Extra instead. I wanted a slower blade after using an OFF- Nittaku Acoustic and was deciding between the Sweden Extra and Sweden Classic. The Extra is a bit faster than the Classic but it's still slow and very controllable. I would imagine the Classic being a bit too slow even for me (and I was specificallly looking for something slower). Yasaka seems to have better quality control issues than Stiga for the same price range. Buying blades from aliexpress might be your best budget option but you have to wait a whole month for shipping.

There's quite a few who said yasaka's quality is more consistent meanwhile it is said that many Chinese players started with Stiga blades and many pros still use Stiga blades so I was pretty torn to made a decision. But anyways I don't think I'll have to wait an entire month probably maximum like 2 weeks since I'm using my local online shopping app Shopee that ships either from China or local sellers it shouldn't take too long. I'm from South East Asia. So final verdict I should go for yasaka Sweden extra or offensive classic then.
Edit: seems like more people recommended yasaka Sweden extra I'll look for it and began my highly anticipated TT journey.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
I've been using the Yasaka Sweden Extra the past few months. It's got good feel, and has more than enough speed with proper technique up to a fairly high level (The Captain from TTD uses an all around blade and he's probably Usatt 2400+). It also comes pre-sealed so you don't have to worry about splinters or sealing the blade yourself.

It only costs ~$40, which is pretty good for a blade type which IMO everyone should have available even if you switch to faster setups so you can always have a reference point. I've got probably the most popular carbon blades in the world (Viscaria, TB ALC, and Hurricane Long 5) sitting in a box right now as I'm going back to the basics to retrain proper technique with the YSE from the ground up.

Thank you so much for your reply. It really has reaffirmed my decision. I was thinking well stiga manufacture so many blades it can't be mine is the faulty one. But it seems it would be a wiser choice to go for yasaka and the extra version specifically. Thank you

This user has no status.
Yasaka Sweden Extra is good option to start with, but the rubbers are just so-so. The good thing is they are cheap. If you don't like the racket, it is probably due to the rubbers.

Many Chinese players start with Stiga blades. Yes, it is true, but they have their reasons. I believe the 'Stiga blades' here is Stiga Clipper Wood. Those players have coaches to help them to use this fast blade, they have someone to help them to pick a good blade instead of randomly buy one online.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Yasaka Sweden Extra is good option to start with, but the rubbers are just so-so. The good thing is they are cheap. If you don't like the racket, it is probably due to the rubbers.

Many Chinese players start with Stiga blades. Yes, it is true, but they have their reasons. I believe the 'Stiga blades' here is Stiga Clipper Wood. Those players have coaches to help them to use this fast blade, they have someone to help them to pick a good blade instead of randomly buy one online.

I believe since I'm just starting out I shouldn't really use expensive rubbers. Maybe when I get more and comfortable playing I would upgrade to stuff from from the fastarc series, yasaka rakza and hurricane 3 or so on. Anyways, thank you for your opinion.

i agree with yall, Yasaka Sweden Extra have a nice control, until the time you discover your playstyle you can use this blade, this blade allow you to play deffensive and offensive so is nice. for the rubbers i usually suggest for begginers
DHS Hurricane 3 Commercial 40 degress on FH
Palio AK47 Blue on BH

• Wow
This user has no status.

I believe since I'm just starting out I shouldn't really use expensive rubbers. Maybe when I get more and comfortable playing I would upgrade to stuff from from the fastarc series, yasaka rakza and hurricane 3 or so on. Anyways, thank you for your opinion.

I am using 729 Cross as well. It works as a training rubber, but it may bring up consistence problem to your progress. I am not saying it will, but there is a chance to that.

If you got the consistence problem in your training in the future, you can check Yinhe Jupiter 3 for FH and Moon speed for BH for the replacement.

There's quite a few who said yasaka's quality is more consistent meanwhile it is said that many Chinese players started with Stiga blades and many pros still use Stiga blades so I was pretty torn to made a decision. But anyways I don't think I'll have to wait an entire month probably maximum like 2 weeks since I'm using my local online shopping app Shopee that ships either from China or local sellers it shouldn't take too long. I'm from South East Asia. So final verdict I should go for yasaka Sweden extra or offensive classic then.
Edit: seems like more people recommended yasaka Sweden extra I'll look for it and began my highly anticipated TT journey.

That either Stiga or Yasaka should have a higher quality is ridiculous. Most of their blades are made in the same. factory in Sweden to very similar specs.

Cheers
L-zr

• Wow
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
That either Stiga or Yasaka should have a higher quality is ridiculous. Most of their blades are made in the same. factory in Sweden to very similar specs.

Cheers
L-zr

All Stiga blades are made in their own factory in Eskilstuna. Wood House in Tranås make blades mainly for Donic and Yasaka and some for Nittaku.

I do agree however that quality is similar. My own experience with Stiga blades are that they are of good quality. I like the rough surface, especially when it comes to handles. I prefer a rough handle over a smooth and slippery handle.

To OP, I think both Yasaka Sweden Extra and Stiga Offensive Classic will be a great choice

• Wow
All Stiga blades are made in their own factory in Eskilstuna. Wood House in Tranås make blades mainly for Donic and Yasaka and some for Nittaku.

I do agree however that quality is similar. My own experience with Stiga blades are that they are of good quality. I like the rough surface, especially when it comes to handles. I prefer a rough handle over a smooth and slippery handle.

To OP, I think both Yasaka Sweden Extra and Stiga Offensive Classic will be a great choice

Ohh, we have two factories in Sweden that’s news to me thank You.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Zihao and SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
i agree with yall, Yasaka Sweden Extra have a nice control, until the time you discover your playstyle you can use this blade, this blade allow you to play deffensive and offensive so is nice. for the rubbers i usually suggest for begginers
DHS Hurricane 3 Commercial 40 degress on FH
Palio AK47 Blue on BH

Thanks for the rubber recommendation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022

I am using 729 Cross as well. It works as a training rubber, but it may bring up consistence problem to your progress. I am not saying it will, but there is a chance to that.

If you got the consistence problem in your training in the future, you can check Yinhe Jupiter 3 for FH and Moon speed for BH for the replacement.

Thanks for the recommendation I'll try it out when I have the chance