Phantom Attack/M-Star rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Has anybody tried this Phantom/M-Star rubber? How is it like?

I was just browsing and it got my eye that the shop manager went out of his way to recommend this rubber. Is it really that good that the manager specifically called out this seemingly random rubber out of all his rubbers in stock?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Honestly both M-Star and the Sueke rubbers seem like "rebanded" DHS. Like the M-Star to me looks like a H3 OS, the Sueke Phantom Attack is more like a blue sponge version H3. Heck 31USD for a blue sponge equivalent H3 ain't that bad deal for training purposes. And these are probably not fakes either.

Sueke Wonderland looks like the H8-80 if I squint.

I don't want to sound too much of cheater, but if these rubbers are indeed DHS H3 BS made by DHS then even if they are not in the LARC I wonder which umpire will spot that on the event. They do have a number molded on them and if an umpire sees a rubber that is pimples-in and has a molded number on it they will just accept it.
Also point being that they are DHS H3 BS they are not more illegal than the "original" rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I wonder which umpire will spot that on the event.
For any serious event - official tournament or professional league - the number would be checked to correspond with the LARC.

On amateur level, I guess these rubbers might pass, but it depends on the umpire. In Germany´s fifth league I´ve seen umpires just looking casually, others with LARC present, don´t know about other countries where these rubbers are more likely to appear anyway.