Question on Asia series of Xiom Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Loki Arthur follows a similar naming convention, with Arthur China being the tackiest, Arthur Asia being semi-tacky, and Arthur Europe being least tacky.

Reactions: ricospin
says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
In the Xiom series Asia has referred to the hardest sponge/rubber combination.e.g Vega Asia has the same sponge as Vega Pro, but harder rubber. But they later introduced the Tour version also. So they broke a bit with their naming conventions.

The tacky rubber of each series are called China. There is Vega China and Omega 7 China.

Last edited:
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
In the Xiom series Asia has referred to the hardest sponge/rubber combination.e.g Vega Asia has the same sponge as Vega Pro, but harder rubber. But they later introduced the Tour version also. So they broke a bit with their naming conventions.

The tacky rubber of each series are called China. There is Vega China and Omega 7 China.

My o7 China Guang isn't tacky/sticky, it's grippy-er than the Asia, can't lift a ball tho, like one would expect from a chinese rubber. Xioms upcoming new rubbers are actually sticky hybrids.

Omega 7 Asia is not tacky, it's kind of grippy, it's just a good backhand rubber.

This.
Played a couple of months with Vega Asia. It is a good BH rubber and it's not tacky.

Can compare directly to H8-80 - it's completely different and doesn't suit my personal preference. I like to play with tacky rubber on BH, it just grips the ball better than regular ESN rubber after 2-3 weeks of usage (Tenergy lasts a 1-2 weeks more). Also, I've found Nittaku Fastarc G-1 to wear out less than usual Xiom/Tibhar stuff.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Can anyone explain what the ‘Asia/Tour/Euro/Pro’ rubbers and the ‘Omega 4/ Omega 5/Omega 7’ rubbers actually have in common with each other? Do any of the categories have any consistency (eg consistent sponge hardness/pimple geometry/throw angle etc)?

The naming system seems to be completely random.

Jul 2019