Rakza Z successor

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021
Hi everyone!
Around 6 months ago I switched to from normal tensor rubbers to Yasaka Rakza Z for my backhand. I would say the change was a success, because as I slowed down I developed a feeling for backhand flips, looping very comfortably now (especially underspin) and improved my overall backhand.

My current setup is: Blade: Butterfly Innerforce ZLF; FH: MXP; BH: Rakza Z.

As the rubber is getting worn out, I am looking for a rubber upgrade for my bh. I would like to stay in the hybrid section, as I like the grip they provide. Two things I would like to improve following the Rakza Z: 1) speed - I think it's time to speed up a little bit as I've gotten comfortable with it to the point need a little more, 2) throw angle - Rakza Z has a quite high throw angle, too high for BH I would say - I have to close the racket a lot when I play close to the table.

As for style and level - I play an offensive game, trying to get initiative early on and dominate the game with loops from both wings. I train 3 times a week and play in Polish 5th division.

I would be grateful for your recommendations.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
As the rubber is getting worn out, I am looking for a rubber upgrade for my bh. I would like to stay in the hybrid section, as I like the grip they provide. Two things I would like to improve following the Rakza Z: 1) speed - I think it's time to speed up a little bit as I've gotten comfortable with it to the point need a little more, 2) throw angle - Rakza Z has a quite high throw angle, too high for BH I would say - I have to close the racket a lot when I play close to the table.

If you don't require to stay hybrid, then I'd suggest Rakza X for the BH to you. The sponge hardness is virtually the same as Rakza Z, maybe Rakza X is tiny bit harder, even though officially it is supposed to be the other way. It is faster than the RZ, which is what you are after. The grip is still excellent for open-ups. Blocking is definitely better, the RX is more direct than RZ. Everybody is different, as for me I didn't like RZ on the BH and it was too soft for the FH.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Rakza Z carries a little bit more tackiness than a lot of other hybrid rubbers, such as G09C/D09C, Donic Bluegrip C1/C2, Xiom J&H H 52 etc So, moving to one of those or K3 etc SHOULD give you some more speed, depending on the sponge - how springy it is.
As NL said if you are not concerned about the tackiness then go for a modern grippy rubber with good catapult effect.
Xiom J&H review by Yogi is worth a look, I've been using the J&K H 52 on my FH, opponents reporting it's really spinny!! there is another J&H version- Z, I think, which has some tackiness but faster overall with really good spin. but might be better for FH.
One issue is availability, many are only available in Asia, I managed to get the H52 version from a on-line shop in the Philippines. Legit, but was pretty cheap compared to other ESN hybrids, £15+ cheaper. but J&H H 52 is up there with the best Hybrids.