Rasanter R42 & R45 alternatives

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Rasanter introduced the whole thin topsheet/even thicker max sponge thing.
Maybe for late generation tensors, but if memory serves me correct I believe there've been rubbers like Tibhar Makks that have used the thin-topsheet-thick-sponge marketing in the past

Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Thanks for al the recommendations. I just went to our tt shop and tried various test blades with different rubbers. It obviously is just a first impression. The Omega series are very nice, highy quality rubbers and a lot of spin. I guess for my style/level at this point in time not the right choice, maybe when I'll improve more this will be on my list. I found it for my style a bit wild/inconsistent when (brush) looping a bit further from the table. I had Vega Euro in the past on a different blade and that's a very nice rubber as well what could suit for me.

After having tried several rubbers a surprising rubber felt best for me, Stiga Calibra LT Sound. I guess a dinosaur of a rubber comparing to al these modern tensors. Altough the shots lack speed (my BH isn't my winning shot anyway) I was able to consistently put the ball on the table with full strokes and it felt also very nice and comfortable in the push and punching department. I'm very curious how I'll experience this rubber next months and in the competition coming up in september.

Rubbers tried;
Stiga DNA series: good quality, very allround rubber, relative low trajectory of the ball compared to other.
Omega series: Very nice and good quality rubbers, challenging for me to maintain quality a bit further from table
Rasanter series: Felt kind of same to the omega series, good quality and for now I'm holding on to R45 on my FH as it's just very nice consistent rubber.

I'm definitely interested in trying G-1. This rubber wasn't available on a test blade unfortunately.

Anyone experience with Stiga Calibra Sound series?View attachment 26098
I used to play with Calibra Tour back in the day when it was a new rubber. I think you made a good choice. ESN rubbers durability is pretty bad (except for G-1), they play good for about 2 months then they start to play really bad. The Calibras and Airocs played about the same for very long time.

Thankfully the manufacture who made these started to get a 2nd wind and their Neottec X5m, Nittaku Hammond Z2 and Stiga Mantra Pros are getting pretty good reviews. I would love if they released more good rubbers like those.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Maybe for late generation tensors, but if memory serves me correct I believe there've been rubbers like Tibhar Makks that have used the thin-topsheet-thick-sponge marketing in the past
When was that rubber made? The oldest one I remember is Stiga Innova Premium (around 2005ish) with thinner topsheet than Rasanter and 2.6mm sponge which is thicker as well.

Jul 2014
When was that rubber made? The oldest one I remember is Stiga Innova Premium (around 2005ish) with thinner topsheet than Rasanter and 2.6mm sponge which is thicker as well.
Its pretty old, they were definitely meant to be speed glued, at least I think it was discontinued around the time I started getting into club tt circa 2011-2012

Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I switched to Nexy Etika on both sides and I gotta say I'm certainly in love with them.
You could give it a try too

My experience so far:
Linear speed with decently high top end
High Spin
Great balance between Off and passive play, therfore good control
Durability is nice aswell (3 Months, 5h a week and looks still new)

They are 47/51° though
The lesser Catapult might effect your punch and you need more power of your own.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I switched to Nexy Etika on both sides and I gotta say I'm certainly in love with them.
You could give it a try too

My experience so far:
Linear speed with decently high top end
High Spin
Great balance between Off and passive play, therfore good control
Durability is nice aswell (3 Months, 5h a week and looks still new)

They are 47/51° though
The lesser Catapult might effect your punch and you need more power of your own.
Ja, they are certainly harder than the 42 and 45 range the OP discusses.

Ja, certainly the 51 degree Etika plays softer. I used it on FH for 8 months and it helped my impact to use firmer sponged rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Yes, of course for latest developments only. Fashion goes round in circles ;-)