Recommendations for Forhand rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Hello gentlemen and fans of the little round ball,

please could you advise a replacement for the VEGA X (2.0 and 1.8) for the forehand. I currently have it on a Vodak Diolen ALL+ wood (padouk-diolen-ayous-kiri-ayous-diolen-padouk) but I find it terribly wild.

It's great in straight shots and I can control it, but the topsin flies behind the table quite often. In practice I can slow it down with my hand but not in a match.

So I'm looking for a replacement.

1) Vega Korea
2) Vega Asia
3) Omega IV (EURO - TOUR - PRO)

Tried VEGA Intro on FH, but that seems a bit too slow to me. So ideally something between VEGA X and VEGA Intro

I'll be happy to recommend something else, but I'd probably like to stick with XIOM (I like the brand). but it's not a requirement.

Thanks a lot for all the advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hello gentlemen and fans of the little round ball,

please could you advise a replacement for the VEGA X (2.0 and 1.8) for the forehand. I currently have it on a Vodak Diolen ALL+ wood (padouk-diolen-ayous-kiri-ayous-diolen-padouk) but I find it terribly wild.

It's great in straight shots and I can control it, but the topsin flies behind the table quite often. In practice I can slow it down with my hand but not in a match.

So I'm looking for a replacement.

1) Vega Korea
2) Vega Asia
3) Omega IV (EURO - TOUR - PRO)

Tried VEGA Intro on FH, but that seems a bit too slow to me. So ideally something between VEGA X and VEGA Intro

I'll be happy to recommend something else, but I'd probably like to stick with XIOM (I like the brand). but it's not a requirement.

Thanks a lot for all the advice
Try someone's vega china or japan, if you don't like them, go for the vega korea. Haven't tried the vega x but I know approxiamtely what it feels like

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Is OMEGA VII too complicated to play?

+ which version do you mean?
EU
TOUR
PRO
ASIA

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Can anyone compare VEGA KOREA vs OMEGA VII or other version of OMEGA rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Could someone here please compare the rubber XIOM Omega IV with the Donic baracuda? Thank you

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Could someone here please compare the rubber XIOM Omega IV with the Donic baracuda? Thank you
currently using Baracuda on FH.

It has very high throw, meaning very high arc hence high margin of safety when clearing of the net.

Very grippy hence can generate tonnes of spin.

Suitable for player who likes to win points by performing consistent controlled looping to various placement. It is not a speed monster but a subdued gentlemanly game-style.

If you love to rally for points then this is the rubber for you.

No comment on the Omega coz never played with it before.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I've read that the XIOM Vega Pro sits between the X and Intro. It might be the one for you.