Recommendations needed for a blade and rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Hi, I am looking to get a blade and rubbers from AliExpress. BEO Store is one of the few sellers that ship to India, despite China being our neighbours, and I have to pick a blade and rubbers from them only.

I consider myself an intermediate player, with good grasp on the basics. I mostly use chops, drives, blocks and occasional top spins.

For the blades, I am confused between:
1. Sanwei CC
2. Sanwei Fextra 7
3. Yinhe Y13
4. Yinhe T11s

For the rubbers, I don't have much of an idea due to the vast amount of options available with the seller. But I have found some like:
1. Yinhe Mercury 2 (Soft and medium available)
2. Yinhe Mars 2 (Costs twice as Mercury 2) (Soft and medium available)
3. Reactor Tornado V5
4. Friendship 729 Cross
5. Yinhe Jupiter 2
6. Yinhe Big Dipper
7. Yinhe Moon

I can have two different rubbers on the BH and FH, with different hardness too.

Would love to have your opinions and any builds you want to recommend.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
For blades, do you want speed or control? T11 is probably overly stiff and not good for intermediate player. CC is the fastest of the remaining 3. Fextra is most control. Y13 is probably a nice balance of speed and control.

Of the rubbers you mentioned, Big Dipper is a medium tacky, quite bouncy fast rubber. I highly recommend it for your forehand.
Moon Speed is a good option for your backhand.

The other rubbers you mentioned I think are slower and harder to use for a intermediate player.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
For blades, do you want speed or control? T11 is probably overly stiff and not good for intermediate player. CC is the fastest of the remaining 3. Fextra is most control.

Of the rubbers you mentioned, Big Dipper is a medium tacky, quite bouncy fast rubber. I highly recommend it for your forehand.
Moon Speed is a good option for your backhand.

The other rubbers you mentioned I think are slower and harder to use for a intermediate player.

I have a defensive style where I play a lot of chops too. Since the CC costs around two-third of the others like Fextra, I am inclined towards it. Is it going to be too fast for me to simply not consider it?

Would the Yinhe CC with the Big Dipper for the FH and medium Mercury 2 for the BH, be a good build? The Mercury 2 is cheaper than the others by quite a lot; I feel like having it for the BH and one from Big Dipper, Moon or Mars 2 (the least tackiest, to complement the tackiness of Mercury 2) on the FH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well CC is rated Off++, it is an excellent offensive blade. I have one and love it. But its definitely not a blade for chopping. It's best for driving and looping. But if you just want to save money and chop with any blade, sure you can try it.

Mercury 2 is the most basic Yinhe rubber. Its not bad, but its quite a bit slower than Big Dipper. I think its a bad build to have such a fast rubber on forehand and such a slow rubber on backhand. But if you're kinda a beginner-intermediate player, maybe you don't need such a fast rubber like Big Dipper. You could just get Mercury for FH and BH.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
The "traditional" Chinese offensive style of build is to have a slower and highy spinny rubber on FH, and a slightly faster bouncier rubber on BH to makeup for the shorter stroke.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Well CC is rated Off++, it is an excellent offensive blade. I have one and love it. But its definitely not a blade for chopping. It's best for driving and looping. But if you just want to save money and chop with any blade, sure you can try it.

Mercury 2 is the most basic Yinhe rubber. Its not bad, but its quite a bit slower than Big Dipper. I think its a bad build to have such a fast rubber on forehand and such a slow rubber on backhand. But if you're kinda a beginner-intermediate player, maybe you don't need such a fast rubber like Big Dipper. You could just get Mercury for FH and BH.

It's very confusing to buy these rubbers without having true comparisons TBH. I go to Revspin, and both the Mercury 2 and Big Dipper are rated a 8.5/10 on the speed aspect. Makes one think they are very similar in that department.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
A lot of beginners buy Mercury for the cheap price, and its their very first rubber, so they don't really know how to rate it. It feels reasonably fast to them, so they rate it a 8.5. It's probably more like a 7.8-8.

Big Dipper is probably underrated at 8.5. More like a 8.7 to 8.9 in my opinion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
A lot of beginners buy Mercury for the cheap price, and its their very first rubber, so they don't really know how to rate it. It feels reasonably fast to them, so they rate it a 8.5. It's probably more like a 7.8-8.

Big Dipper is probably underrated at 8.5. More like a 8.7 to 8.9 in my opinion.

So since the CC is OFF++ and the Mercury 2 is a bit slow comparatively, would it be a good build to have that rubber on both the hands on a CC? I hope it wouldn't be unwise to have such slow rubbers on a blade that's quite fast. I can always upgrade later to something like the Big Dipper though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
wait ...when you say chopping, do you mean, pushing over the table ?

None of the options you've stated are typically meant for chopping .. I've seen some advanced players use Stiga Clipper for chopping away from the table .. Fextra is around the same ballpark as Clipper ..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
wait ...when you say chopping, do you mean, pushing over the table ?

None of the options you've stated are typically meant for chopping .. I've seen some advanced players use Stiga Clipper for chopping away from the table .. Fextra is around the same ballpark as Clipper ..

Yeah, chops and pushes are the same thing. Would you recommend Fextra for it, over CC?

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,
Have you got any footage of you playing? would give people a much better idea of your play style and level / ability.
When you said pushes and chops are the same thing, well a push is more over the table and a more limited action, a chop is a much fuller stroke away from the table, both put under or backspin on the ball.
Pushes are generally an aspect of / or part of all playing styles. Chops way less so, chops are generally considered as a defensive players main stroke, An attacking topspin player would use a chop as a 'last resort' !!!!

I think this was what Funk Fu Master was getting at!!!

If you are a defensive chopper, this will dramatically effect the equipment people would advise. This is another reason why a short video clip of you playing helps, it clears up any possible misunderstandings!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
I'm looking at the CC with big dipper /hurricane 8 on FH and mercury 2 on BH.How does this setup sound?Also which angle/thickness for FH or BH?There's 2.15mm, 2.2mm 38/39/40It's confusing!​​​​​

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I'm looking at the CC with big dipper /hurricane 8 on FH and mercury 2 on BH.How does this setup sound?Also which angle/thickness for FH or BH?There's 2.15mm, 2.2mm 38/39/40It's confusing!​​​​​

Big Dipper has more speed, Hurricane 8 is slower but spinnier. Both would be good choices for FH though. Personally I would pick the Big Dipper though.

Mercury 2 on BH is bad choice. Go with AK47 or Moon speed on BH. Mercury doesn't have enough rebound for BH.

I think 2.15 would be good for you. Hardness, probably pick 39 on FH, and medium on BH.

This user has no status.
I would be careful with the Fextra. I bought one from aliexpress and it was the fastest blade I’ve ever played with. I switched to a Timo Boll ALC to slow down a little and it was slower than the Fextra. Since then I’ve gone to something even slower. My Dad is an EJ and has many blades, my brother has a few as do I. The Fextra 7 that I received is in the running for the fastest of them all. Along with that it did not have the kind of control that I keep hearing that it should. Probably a fluke?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022

Big Dipper has more speed, Hurricane 8 is slower but spinnier. Both would be good choices for FH though. Personally I would pick the Big Dipper though.

Mercury 2 on BH is bad choice. Go with AK47 or Moon speed on BH. Mercury doesn't have enough rebound for BH.

I think 2.15 would be good for you. Hardness, probably pick 39 on FH, and medium on BH.

How would Big Dipper compare with 729 Focus 3 Snipe?