Recommended BH rubbers for an inner carbon blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Got a new stuor inner ZLC blade for fun and testing, and I quite like it.
It's fast though, and it's even faster with Mantra Pro M on the BH and Mantra Pro XH on the FH.
With the FH I can do quite well honestly, though I also have a new Big Dipper sheet to try on it as a slower option that could tame it down a notch.

Looking for BH recommendations. I find Mantra Pro M not to fit this blade really, because the topsheet feels quite hard, similar to G1, and it's hard to engage the sponge to access the deadly spin when close to the table without overshooting. Not consistently at least. I have Moon 12 Blue (M+) on the way to try on this blade too.

Are there any other rubbers I should try on it, preferably not too soft yet with a softer topsheet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
It's fast though, and it's even faster with Mantra Pro M on the BH and Mantra Pro XH on the FH.
With the FH I can do quite well honestly, though I also have a new Big Dipper sheet to try on it as a slower option that could tame it down a notch.

Looking for BH recommendations. I find Mantra Pro M not to fit this blade really, because the topsheet feels quite hard, similar to G1, and it's hard to engage the sponge to access the deadly spin when close to the table without overshooting. Not consistently at least. I have Moon 12 Blue (M+) on the way to try on this blade too.

Are there any other rubbers I should try on it, preferably not too soft yet with a softer topsheet?

E.g. Rakza X (cca 47-48) or Xiom Vega Pro (cca 46-47). The Vega X (cca 47-48) has a bit firmer top-sheet than those two, but still more pleasant than G-1 on the BH for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
E.g. Rakza X (cca 47-48) or Xiom Vega Pro (cca 46-47). The Vega X (cca 47-48) has a bit firmer top-sheet than those two, but still more pleasant than G-1 on the BH for me.
Thanks, I might try those. I did have a Vega X sheet and it felt softer, but unfortunately I gave it away. Will have to buy more of them.

This user has no status.
Interesting one of my teammates who is long time Vega X and Pro user would say it is the other way around. Vega x is the more dynamic rubber while pro feels a bit more linear but easier to control.

We did make our tests with an ovtcharov innerforce.

The only issue i have here is that you find your setup too fast and the mentioned rubber are in nearly the same speed category imo.
Although i think the X might be the most fitting from the mentioned ones i would suggest to tone it even a little more down on bh and go softer for smth like the vega europe for example. Moon 12 could be a decent option although i found the m+ way harder than the m- and could force out the same issues you already have.

Reactions: BaRanchik
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Interesting one of my teammates who is long time Vega X and Pro user would say it is the other way around. Vega x is the more dynamic rubber while pro feels a bit more linear but easier to control.

Yes, the Vega X is more dynamic, I think the same. Vega Pro feels a bit softer and perhaps also a bit slower. I'm glad I tested it, and also that my friend likes it. I also used this to decide whether I'll take Vega Pro max on the BH, but I won't. Still, good rubber, all those 3 I prefer against G1, e.g.

The only issue i have here is that you find your setup too fast and the mentioned rubber are in nearly the same speed category imo.

Good point for @BaRanchik , all 3 are a bit faster than G1.

Although i think the X might be the most fitting from the mentioned ones i would suggest to tone it even a little more down on bh and go softer for smth like the vega europe for example. Moon 12 could be a decent option although i found the m+ way harder than the m- and could force out the same issues you already have.

I also tested the Vega Europe recently, and it is quite soft, e.g. softer than C1. Since @BaRanchik said he wants "not too soft", I didn't mention it.

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦

Dignics 80 maybe, it’s has a nice balance between hardness, control, and speed. Tibhar MK also and Hammond Z2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Before going even softer I was wondering if there were any fitting medium hardness rubbers. I'll keep playing with the Mantra Pro for a bit and see if I get more consistent with it while waiting for the Moon and possibly getting a few Vegas. Maybe even the new Korea.

I definitely want something slightly slower, but I don't think I need it to be significantly slower. Looping backspin on the BH with this setup is much easier for me than using Violin with G1, but since it's much faster I have some balls flying out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Before going even softer I was wondering if there were any fitting medium hardness rubbers. I'll keep playing with the Mantra Pro for a bit and see if I get more consistent with it while waiting for the Moon and possibly getting a few Vegas. Maybe even the new Korea.

I definitely want something slightly slower, but I don't think I need it to be significantly slower. Looping backspin on the BH with this setup is much easier for me than using Violin with G1, but since it's much faster I have some balls flying out.
Hwy don't you try mantra Pro M?

Tibhar evolution EL-D, or even MX-D. Works great on the Stuor inner ZLC blade.

If you can afford it, go for dignics 05, arguably the best backhand rubber out there.
Except for the horrid short game. Perhaps Tibhar MX-D is not so popular as a backhand option but it has lots of similarities and it absolutely prevails in the short game.