Recommended Table Tennis Shoes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I've said it many times
but will say it again. One must choose shoes very carefully considering the floors where he usually plays and the cushion the shoes provide. Many years ago, when Mizinu Wave Medal 5 came on the market I entusiastically bought 2 pairs and played with them on concrete floors and after several months I developed a severe plantar fasciitis. It took me about 5 years to partially recover. Now I am playing only with well cushioned badminton or handball shoes from LiNing, Mizuno Yonex, Kawasaki ....

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
So the floor type also a factor to decide which shoe to buy?
Now if the floor is with wood inner layer and something like rubber upper layer, is this needing different shoes than for example a concrete or even blocks or interlock floor like my house's yard?
Yes, I use basketball shoes for gym floors, and tennis shoes for concrete. I only use my TT shoes for rubber flooring.

This user has no status.
Yes, I use basketball shoes for gym floors, and tennis shoes for concrete. I only use my TT shoes for rubber flooring.
Perfect, then i have to check out the floor hardness i play on often and then i decide which shoe, most likely it is not only the floor, but also the shoe from inside, because i remember i once wearing a shoe, after like 45min to 1 hour my feet was like burning, and recently i heard someone of my friends also said that he feel like his feet is gonna explode from the shoe, so it is something about what material or cushion or whatever that make the shoe very comfortable inside for feet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
Thanks for sharing your perspective on table tennis shoes! It's interesting to see how different brands might share similar components. When it comes to choosing shoes, I tend to lean towards good value for money rather than just the brand name. Have you checked out any options at Kicks Lounge? They might have some affordable picks worth considering!

Last edited: