Red or Black rubber on FH

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Just wondering what colour rubber you guys prefer on your forehand?

It may just be me but for some reason whenever I have the red Rubber on my forehand, my bat feels heavier than it does with the black rubber in the forehand.

Does anyone else get that?
""""my bat feels heavier"""".........................please give definition of "feels heavier"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Just wondering what colour rubber you guys prefer on your forehand?

It may just be me but for some reason whenever I have the red Rubber on my forehand, my bat feels heavier than it does with the black rubber in the forehand.

Does anyone else get that?

All depends on who you idolise. That part plays a big mental role in the game for me.

Reactions: longle and hazzaa96
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
If ITTF rule permits: Pink on BH, Purple on FH.
IMG_5829.jpeg

This user has no status.
Black for chinese rubbers because of tackiness. Also consider that black rubber and white ball give max contrast and is easier to track by your opponent vision so perhaps red on forehand can give an advantage, but I think is negligible. If you wear same color of the rubber, motion of your rubber will be slightly more difficult to track. This may actually work for the same reason you cannot wear white.

says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
You'd need to give us data in order to give you a correct answer.

Assuming that the setup below your account name is correct, the answer could be easy. Also assuming that you have same thickness on FH and BH, you use Tenergy 05 red on FH and 05 FX on BH back. Being 05 FX lighter than 05 at same thickness, cause 05 FX is 4 degrees less in sponge hardness than 05 (in Butterfly's scale 05 is 36 degrees while 05 fx is 32 degrees) and less hardness at same production technology leads to less weight.

Thus, when you switch your black rubber (05 FX) on FH, you feel the bat lighter when you simulate a FH stroke but you should also feel it heavier when you simulate a BH stroke cause you now have the heavier rubber (05) on BH.

I use red rubbers on FH. Regarding ESN type rubbers (including hybrids), which are the ones I use, I don't think there is any difference between red and black.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
View attachment 26187
Usually black, currently pink. Too bad there aren't many tacky mid-hard to hard rubbers available in colors.
Usually black, currently blue for me. I'm using Rxton 3 blue/pink on my FH too. So far it's been the rubber that works best for me, costed me only $13, and looks pretty cool on top of all that.

Reactions: hclnnkhg
says Looking for Frame
When I started playing many players at my club used red on the FH.
I wanted to be different and started using Black.
Once they glued the rubbers on the wrong side but I just couldn't play it that way and changed it.
It's just a mental thing, but I don't care. Black has to be on FH else I can't play.
So no other reason I played with it for a long time so I can't change it anymore :D