Regarding top layer of the blade suited for SP (multiple questions)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Would you recommend any aggressive short pips, hinoki blades like 3+2?

My current setup is Victas Koki niwa wood
rubbers fh Tibhar hybrid k1
Bh Der Materialspezialist spinfire sp max

And my blade got damaged recently, i wanted to give carbon blades, a try? Which one would you recommend? "Advanced players" at my club recommended me alc, zlc, 3+2 hino-carbon setup, etc, I'm a bit confused.

My apologies, if you feel like I'm asking too many questions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Depends on your level really, and how you like to win points.
I've found the 3+2 hinoki structure (think Primorac carbon) to be excellent for blocking and hitting once the rally starts, but you may come to miss the feeling and the precision of all wood 7 ply.
Again, your milage may vary.

Reactions: Punching Feline
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I would say that you don't need zlc/alc. There are plenty of fast 7ply and 5ply with better feeling which is crucial when using pips. They will certainly add to the disturbance factor as well. I see that quite a lot around me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I think hard top ply is the way to go with short pips and from somewhere I remember wenge top ply is highly recommended with SP. I don't know many blades with wenge top ply, only the Stiga Nostalgic series. Surely there are many more.
Possibly ebony or rosewood could be suitable as well.

An innerforce alc or zlc sounds like a horrible idea with short pips to me, if you want a carbon blade then just get the Nittaku Mima Ito blade or Acoustic outer carbon.

Reactions: Punching Feline
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
As long as it is hard and fast it will work well. I believe Koki Niwa wood is pretty fast already.