[Request] Post your SDC blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Hello, if you have purchased a custom blade from Sergio, please post your blades pics with few words about it. (your objective behind going for a custom blade, thoughts after playing with it etc..?)

Cheers!

Reactions: IB66 and Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Mine was not a custom order as I came across it already made. It’s a TB ALC without the carbon so a little slower (1290 hz) but it’s a beauty - I’m using Aurus Prime/Select on it and loving it. Looking at ordering another similar but with some carbon as a custom now.

Attachments

• IMG_0306.jpeg
    IMG_0306.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0307.jpeg
    IMG_0307.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Mine was not a custom order as I came across it already made. It’s a TB ALC without the carbon so a little slower (1290 hz) but it’s a beauty - I’m using Aurus Prime/Select on it and loving it. Looking at ordering another similar but with some carbon as a custom now.
Its a lovely blade ! What are the compositions?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
I have a few...
Currently using the one on the left, which is Koto/ALC/Ayous/Kiri/Ayous/A-C/Ash, 82.2g - 5.60mm - 1464Hz - Balance: 2.6cm

The idea being the koto side is similar to a Viscaria type composition, with a slightly harder touch on the other side for my short pips.
It took a while to break in, but now works very well for me.

The second blade is a more experimental one which is Koto/Aramid/Ayous/Kiri/Ash/TC/Ash, 82.1g - 5.45mm - 1335Hz - Balance: 2.6cm - this has a really nice feel, but does require fast rubbers to compensate for the fact it is a little slower

596-597-1.jpeg

Reactions: Wrighty67

Ian

This user has no status.

Ian

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
This has the same composition as the Butterfly JM Super ZLC (my current blade of choice). The handle design is inspired by the Butterfly Kong Linghui Euro. I love the black/gold tag and the way the SDC logo is flush at the bottom of the handle. To be honest, I've hardly played with it. I put some Nittaku Hammond Z2 rubbers on it but I wasn't a fan. I'm not sure if it's the rubbers or the blade I don't like, so I'll have to try put my usual rubbers on.

Attachments

• 736-1.jpg
    736-1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 52
  • 736-2.jpg
    736-2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
  • 736-3.jpg
    736-3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Ok, here goes. I have three SDC blades, all three very similar.

All have a conical handle that, to me, is the pinnacle of perfection; an inner composite composition, with all of them having a Kiri core, and a Black Limba second layer; and a low balance. In terms of build and finish quality, Sergio's work is just top notch craftsmanship.

Blade 1 has a Black Walnut (US Walnut) outer, and an Innegra Carbon 3rd/5th layer. Just over 90g, resonates at 1356Hz, balanced at 2.5cm. It's a spinners blade, immensely stable, playing pretty much like an all-wood blade. Very enjoyable, and it let me play a two-winged spin game pretty much faultless. However, I did get overpowered, even when hitting all-out; which made me think a tweak towards an increased top-end speed would be nice.

Blade 2 is like blade 1, with with EU Walnut instead, weighing 95.7g and clocking 1356Hz (identical). Balanced a tad lower, 2.4cm. Even more an all-out spinners blade, chewing up and spitting out the ball pretty similar to #1, but with a bit more punch at the high end but still quite enough to finish the point at times. A bit unexpectedly: also slightly less suitable for direct hits - counters and smashes, really nudging towards a spin everyting approach. Which is fine, but also a bit demanding and sometimes I thought it a bit too demanding for an aging player like me. Even Istvan Jonyer and Ryu Seung Min couldn't keep that up, in the end; time to accept that.

Blade 3 has Koto outers and AC# composite, weighs 93.7g, sings at 1464Hz, balances at 2.4cm. It has a higher top end speed, with it power gradually engaging; a bit less springy, and a very dependable power curve. Still offering a deep hold and great spin, but also very capable of aggressive blocks, counters, and smashes. I'm playing with it now, using #1 and #2 as backup blades.

blade1 - 90.3g - 6.1mm - 1356Hz - Balance 2.5cm (Low).jpeg
blade2 95.7g - 6.1mm - 1356Hz - Balance 2.4cm (Low).jpeg
blade3 93.7g - 6.1mm - 1464Hz - Balance 2.4cm (Low).jpg

Reactions: IB66
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

All have a conical handle that, to me, is the pinnacle of perfection; an inner composite composition, with all of them having a Kiri core, and a Black Limba second layer; and a low balance. In terms of build and finish quality, Sergio's work is just top notch craftsmanship.

Blade 1 has a Black Walnut (US Walnut) outer, and an Innegra Carbon 3rd/5th layer. Just over 90g, resonates at 1356Hz, balanced at 2.5cm. It's a spinners blade, immensely stable, playing pretty much like an all-wood blade. Very enjoyable, and it let me play a two-winged spin game pretty much faultless. However, I did get overpowered, even when hitting all-out; which made me think a tweak towards an increased top-end speed would be nice.

Blade 2 is like blade 1, with with EU Walnut instead, weighing 95.7g and clocking 1356Hz (identical). Balanced a tad lower, 2.4cm. Even more an all-out spinners blade, chewing up and spitting out the ball pretty similar to #1, but with a bit more punch at the high end but still quite enough to finish the point at times. A bit unexpectedly: also slightly less suitable for direct hits - counters and smashes, really nudging towards a spin everyting approach. Which is fine, but also a bit demanding and sometimes I thought it a bit too demanding for an aging player like me. Even Istvan Jonyer and Ryu Seung Min couldn't keep that up, in the end; time to accept that.

Blade 3 has Koto outers and AC# composite, weighs 93.7g, sings at 1464Hz, balances at 2.4cm. It has a higher top end speed, with it power gradually engaging; a bit less springy, and a very dependable power curve. Still offering a deep hold and great spin, but also very capable of aggressive blocks, counters, and smashes. I'm playing with it now, using #1 and #2 as backup blades.

View attachment 25738View attachment 25736View attachment 25737
Hell, my eyesight isn't what is used to be, once the rubbers are glued I'd struggle to tell which blade I was using!!!!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

View attachment 25738View attachment 25736View attachment 25737
well, there you are. That is the trick, I simply have to order two more blades from Sergio. 😂
But then again, this is my favorite blade in the moment, plays nice at NZ$ 3.55
H9e13d2e3e0454522a62d7b17bfddf241T.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 3 reviews
Hello, if you have purchased a custom blade from Sergio, please post your blades pics with few words about it. (your objective behind going for a custom blade, thoughts after playing with it etc..?)

Cheers!
I accidently found Sergio's post with blade having the same compositions as mine Tb Alc, but being a little bit havier. And since I wasn't completely satisfied with my blade, I wanted to try havier and faster blade and also was keen to try ST handle. And since that it was experiment, I didn't want to buy a new Tb Alc for its full price (also it is not always easy to find heavier ones). So I couldn't resist buying this beauty.
I couldn't get speed out of it for ~5 sessions, it felt slower than my Tb Alc and a little bit dull/with less feeling. But more stable and precise at the same time. Then something changed in my stroke and I finally got speed and precision combined. And actually I liked it more than my Tb Alc, despite its feel. After almost a year of play, I've got a new Tb alc, havier than sdc blade.
I'm not sure whether it is pure coincidence, but after playing for 3-5 month with st handle, my wrist started to hurt at some moments of play and stoped hurting ~1 month after I switched back to fl.
As a conclusion, it fulfilled its goal for me: I realized that I need something heavier and that I better stay away from st handles.
It was a nice year.

photo_2023-06-26_16-21-47.jpg

Reactions: lodro and latej