Returning to the game after 25 years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Thanks for all the help everyone.

To answer some questions: I used to be a semi pro back in the day, but I'm not too sure how skilled I will still be, it's definitely been a long time since I thought about spinning the ball. I'm very excited to have another go though, should be headed to my first table tennis club in a couple of weeks. And unfortunately neither me or my husband use Penhold grip, though its been a while and you never know we might have changed!

I'm thinking about picking up a Butterfly Primorac Off and the Yasaka Sweden extra to play around with. I think I will also probably pick up the Sriver rubbers in a few different thickness levels probably in 2.1, 1.9 and 1.7 to practice with. How does that sound?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I think you are making a good choice Polly. Please ignore the penhold vs shakehand banter and sorry for the mini hijacking , there is just some history between OSP and myself on that whole thing ...

One thing to note is Primorac also comes in a carbon variety , and I think the difference between OFF- and OFF would be that whether it has carbon or not. My understanding of Carl's intent would be to go for the OFF- one , the one that does not have carbon ... I think you are good on the rubber front for now .

Have fun spinning the ball... and do keep us posted. We have a Daily Chit Chat thread where we keep updating stuff about how or what we are doing or thinking in our table tennis lives, you are welcome to join in ...

things do go sideways once in a while , but trust me when I say we somehow figure out a way to get from chaos to order , or may be the other way , don't know which is which . :) ... just kidding ... do have some patience with us and your game and you are welcome to join the fun ...

Thanks for all the help everyone.

To answer some questions: I used to be a semi pro back in the day, but I'm not too sure how skilled I will still be, it's definitely been a long time since I thought about spinning the ball. I'm very excited to have another go though, should be headed to my first table tennis club in a couple of weeks. And unfortunately neither me or my husband use Penhold grip, though its been a while and you never know we might have changed!

I'm thinking about picking up a Butterfly Primorac Off and the Yasaka Sweden extra to play around with. I think I will also probably pick up the Sriver rubbers in a few different thickness levels probably in 2.1, 1.9 and 1.7 to practice with. How does that sound?