Returning to TT after 35 years

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023

i would recommend a Nittaku Factive on BH and maybe a Vega Intro on FH.
I alsoe came back after 28 years or more.
That was my prefered setup,and i played the new version of my old Blade a Donic Waldner Offensive 2016.
i would choose a 5 ply Blade to start.
Gl and welome Back,we missed it long enough!

I also heard good things about Nittaku Factive but also read that Andro GTT45 is quite similar. Does anyone have any real-world experience comparing the two? Is there any Major difference? Also noticed there is a softer version of the Andro called GTT40. Is this any good? Never played with a soft rubber before ^^’. Thanks for any help.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Unless your current blade is damaged or you want to try a new blade, all you need to do is replace the rubbers. The game has changed especially due to the current 40mm plastic ball. You probably don't want old rubbers like Sriver or Mark V. XIOM Vega Intro MAX on both FH and BH would be a good way to go as it is relatively inexpensive and has the characteristics that would allow you to play offensively if you choose to and it performs better than Sriver or Mark V with the modern ball. You can probably go thicker with medium hard rubbers on the plastic ball as they are not as spin sensitive as softer rubbers with the 38mm celluloid ball.

Last edited: