Rossi Emotion vs Clipper vs Stradivarius

Hey guys, I'm thinking about Joola Rossi Emotion vs Xiom Stradivarius.
Clipper is in the list because I own one and this is the way for me to compare :)

From Revspin standpoint these blades are quite similar. I know that all three have different top layer which should affect on feeling.
Also Stradivarius seems to be the stiffest.

But I would really love to get some feedback of owners and users. Probably you played with either of them, so you could give me an idea how these blades are different from Clipper or between each other.

Also handle size is important, so would be nice if you could describe your experience with that.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Hey guys, I'm thinking about Joola Rossi Emotion vs Xiom Stradivarius.
Clipper is in the list because I own one and this is the way for me to compare :)

From Revspin standpoint these blades are quite similar. I know that all three have different top layer which should affect on feeling.
Also Stradivarius seems to be the stiffest.

But I would really love to get some feedback of owners and users. Probably you played with either of them, so you could give me an idea how these blades are different from Clipper or between each other.

Also handle size is important, so would be nice if you could describe your experience with that.

I can not comment on these blades but I can from personal experience tell you that all these figures are pretty much useless. This also includes the figures given by the manufacturers.
Until such time when you glue a rubber that you know well onto the blade and play against either a robot or a coach or a playing partner that is consistent,the blades will not reveal their qualities.

I can not comment on these blades but I can from personal experience tell you that all these figures are pretty much useless. This also includes the figures given by the manufacturers.
Until such time when you glue a rubber that you know well onto the blade and play against either a robot or a coach or a playing partner that is consistent,the blades will not reveal their qualities.

That is 100% correct and exactly because of that I'm asking for opinions here :)

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I own a Joola Rossi Emotion (JRE) . I also have the new Joola Rossi Emotion PBO-c. I was looking to buy a new JRE but none were available in my country, so I bought the new Joola Rossi Emotion PBO-c, thinking it would be an upgraded version of the old JRE. Well I was wrong, the PBO-c was far stiffer, far bouncier and entirely for a different style or class of play. I bought a Joola Aruna Off, which I heard was a repackaged, renamed JRE. Correct, it is I believe, the very same blade, with the very same playing qualities. So I love Aruna, it goes without saying that JRE is one of my favorite blades among the dozens that I have owned and played.

Let me share my experience with Xiom Stradivarius and Clipper. Clipper is easier to use, better control but slower than Stradivarius. Stradivarius is way stiffer and faster or bouncier than Clipper. Clipper is all wood, very convenient in most strokes, while Stradivarius would require a higher skill level to harness all of its qualities. Like Stadivarius would be great playing away from the table where clipper would require more power on your strokes. Spin generation is also better or easier with the Clipper, while you need good fundamental on your strokes to generate the same with Stradivarius.

JRE would lie somewhere in between these two blades. JRE will have the fine qualities of an all wood blade, while having somewhere near the power of a carbon Staradivarius. JRE would also have a bigger sweet spot than the Clipper. JRE also possess high amount of control as the Clipper. JRE has more gears than a Clipper, meaning it possess the capability for soft touch, on the short game, quick loops on intermediate strokes and more speed on drives, flat hits and active blocks. So in my opinion JRE possess the best qualities from both blades. I am biased to JRE, as it suits my skills set. Although I also own faster blades such as Viscaria, Garaydia, Harimoto, etc.

A known contributor to this column once said "Every child born should be issued a JRE, and that should be the law" ha ha ha. That was several years ago, and JRE has always been popular. Go with JRE, you can't go wrong.

Just my thoughts, I am 57 and have played the game since I was 10. Hope this helps. God bless

Reactions: kolyasya
I forgot about the handles: JRE FL has smaller grip handle compared to Xiom and Clipper. That's why I prefer my JRE in ST handle.

Man, thank you so much for detailed explanation 🙏 I think you confirmed my thoughts I collected reading all the reviews and mentions in the internet. I'll give JRE a try!

Reactions: Knuckle Ball
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
I own a Joola Rossi Emotion (JRE) . I also have the new Joola Rossi Emotion PBO-c. I was looking to buy a new JRE but none were available in my country, so I bought the new Joola Rossi Emotion PBO-c, thinking it would be an upgraded version of the old JRE. Well I was wrong, the PBO-c was far stiffer, far bouncier and entirely for a different style or class of play. I bought a Joola Aruna Off, which I heard was a repackaged, renamed JRE. Correct, it is I believe, the very same blade, with the very same playing qualities. So I love Aruna, it goes without saying that JRE is one of my favorite blades among the dozens that I have owned and played.

Let me share my experience with Xiom Stradivarius and Clipper. Clipper is easier to use, better control but slower than Stradivarius. Stradivarius is way stiffer and faster or bouncier than Clipper. Clipper is all wood, very convenient in most strokes, while Stradivarius would require a higher skill level to harness all of its qualities. Like Stadivarius would be great playing away from the table where clipper would require more power on your strokes. Spin generation is also better or easier with the Clipper, while you need good fundamental on your strokes to generate the same with Stradivarius.

JRE would lie somewhere in between these two blades. JRE will have the fine qualities of an all wood blade, while having somewhere near the power of a carbon Staradivarius. JRE would also have a bigger sweet spot than the Clipper. JRE also possess high amount of control as the Clipper. JRE has more gears than a Clipper, meaning it possess the capability for soft touch, on the short game, quick loops on intermediate strokes and more speed on drives, flat hits and active blocks. So in my opinion JRE possess the best qualities from both blades. I am biased to JRE, as it suits my skills set. Although I also own faster blades such as Viscaria, Garaydia, Harimoto, etc.

A known contributor to this column once said "Every child born should be issued a JRE, and that should be the law" ha ha ha. That was several years ago, and JRE has always been popular. Go with JRE, you can't go wrong.

Just my thoughts, I am 57 and have played the game since I was 10. Hope this helps. God bless

Im looking for a jre at green paddle but all they have is an aruna off. Is it a 100% jre with diffrent looks?

Reactions: Knuckle Ball