This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Read 3 reviews
My current setup:
Blade: Donic Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon
Forehand Rubber: Donic Bluefire M1
Backhand Rubber: Donic Bluefire M2

So I've recently switched to this setup and I'm still not quite used to it. The blade is new and so is the M2 but I used to play with the M1 on a Donic Ovtcharov No1 blade. I lose most of my points because I send balls flying over the table, so I'm thinking about changing my rubbers. I can't try different rubbers all the time because I don't have the ways to do it, and that's why I'm asking here for some advice. I am still going to try to get used to my current setup before changing. I need slower rubbers that could help me control the ball well. I was thinking about putting Nittaku Fastarc G1 on my forehand and Yasaka Rakza 7 on my backhand. If you have any other recommendations, I would be really grateful. I would also be happy if you could compare them with my current rubbers.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
My current setup:

So I've recently switched to this setup and I'm still not quite used to it. The blade is new and so is the M2 but I used to play with the M1 on a Donic Ovtcharov No1 blade. I lose most of my points because I send balls flying over the table, so I'm thinking about changing my rubbers. I can't try different rubbers all the time because I don't have the ways to do it, and that's why I'm asking here for some advice. I am still going to try to get used to my current setup before changing. I need slower rubbers that could help me control the ball well. I was thinking about putting Nittaku Fastarc G1 on my forehand and Yasaka Rakza 7 on my backhand. If you have any other recommendations, I would be really grateful. I would also be happy if you could compare them with my current rubbers.
I don't think G1 and Rakza 7 would be a lot slower. I say go to the extreme and put Yinhe Mercury 2 on first.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I don't think G1 and Rakza 7 would be a lot slower. I say go to the extreme and put Yinhe Mercury 2 on first.
I agree, switching to G1 would be largely similar. I would choose something more neutral like Yinhe Moon Speed. Gives you all the tools you need for speed and spin, but not excessively bouncy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Read 3 reviews
Well I'm not trying to go to a really slow rubber and I would like to have a rubber that I could find everywhere. Is the Rakza 7 soft any better?

Jan 2023
Well I'm not trying to go to a really slow rubber and I would like to have a rubber that I could find everywhere. Is the Rakza 7 soft any better?
If you have difficulty with control, very soft or very hard rubbers are usually a bad idea. Maybe one of the xiom Vega?

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
My current setup:

instead of thinking, oops my ball fly out of the table, I should change the rubber and then fret over the internet looking for the ultimate best rubber...

perhaps it would be too premature.

Perhaps one should fix the angle of attack or contact first. Usually, in my experience a more closed bat angle of attack can fix such issues

or

get the body lower such as bending the knees more to attack the ball may solve it.

If all fails, then we explore rubbers.

p/s Totally unrelated to Table-Tennis. I have heard or read from the internet during the early days of the space race between NASA and USSR. NASA was spending huge sum of money to create a ball point pen that can write in zero gravity environment. While the USSR cosmonauts did not spend a single roubles and still they solve their the same problem. How did the Russians do it? The Russians just use the pencils. Why am I writing this? No reason at all, just because I can.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
My current setup:

Rakza 7 is fast. Soft is probably better.... I would suggest Barracuda - being super spinny, not too fast and very, very durable
BTW I was attracted by the topic cause there is a guy in my club who uses the same blade with T80(fh) and T80fx 1.9(bh). Yesterday he was telling me that he can't control the T80, although I thought he is doing quite well.
He is intending to put 80fx on the fh as well cause he feels very comfortable with it. This guy is a very successful beginner who shows some incredible progress and results.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
G-1 won't be easier to control than M1 or M2, as it's a fast aggressive tensor.
But Rakza 7 has good control and it's not too fast, not too spinny and not too sensitive to incoming spin. It's kind of a do-it-all attacking hybrid rubber you can't go wrong with if you technique is half decent. Universal soldier as I call it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
My advice to you. Choose one of the sticky hybrid rubbers for the forehand and leave the rubber you play with for the backhand. At first, you may not have enough speed, but you will increase the number of hits and train the correct free movements. In the future, this will bring you more understanding and pleasure from the game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Read 3 reviews
My advice to you. Choose one of the sticky hybrid rubbers for the forehand and leave the rubber you play with for the backhand. At first, you may not have enough speed, but you will increase the number of hits and train the correct free movements. In the future, this will bring you more understanding and pleasure from the game.
Is K3 good?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Oddly enough, but changing one rubber for example on the forehand changes the properties of the second rubber on the backhand. If the rubber is not worn out, then do not rush to change it, if it is worn out and you want to update it, then the Fastarc G1 indicated by you will be a good choice.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Read 3 reviews
Oddly enough, but changing one rubber for example on the forehand changes the properties of the second rubber on the backhand. If the rubber is not worn out, then do not rush to change it, if it is worn out and you want to update it, then the Fastarc G1 indicated by you will be a good choice.
Bh or Fh?